Thursday, August 13, 2009

We Look Yellow

Our town has a festival every summer that brings dancers from all over the world to perform. Jessica and I volunteered last week, and sat at the entrance gate. We were so excited because we were positioned by the stage, so that we could watch the dancers. Well, come to find out, the dancers took a 2 hour break right at the time that we were there. And it was down-time for the festival--funny!!

We got matching t-shirts. And luckily Jess brought her I-touch... so we played hangman--instead of looking at the empty stage for 2 hours. (In between people entering, of course). We would hide it when anyone came so that we could be polite and all!! :)
There were a few people entertaining-this group did chants and such. I think the dancers draw a bigger crowd. That just looks like a bunch of empty chairs.

Jessica said this man was playing a hickory-do(?spelling) It took a lot of air. It sounded hollow.

Jessica Picniked our photo. I told her we look yellow, and she said that we were supposed to so that we matched our shirts. Gotta love 16 year olds!! I do!! A lot. We had a great time together.

School starts soon---11 days. My girls go to school and so does my heart. They grow up too fast. I will have one in high school, one in junior high and two in elementary. I hope I can keep it all together.

I have finished my quilt for our bedroom and did a little bit of tweeking with the room, too. I will show- n -tell next week. I even tea-dyed our curtains. YAY!!

Have a nice weekend, everyone.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

6 comments:

Carin said...

Very cool Julie, Just to help the guy is playing a didjeridu its an Australian Aboriginal instrument. :O)

Linda said...

looks like the two of you had a great time..

Kindra-At Home With K said...

The music festival looked fun. Sorry they were on a break when you were volunteering. Bummer. Taran would of loved your yellow shirts. It seems to be a favorite for him. :)

Unknown said...

got a chuckle out of the Hickory-do! It's didgeridoo

Sara said...

Sounds like you had fun at the festival!

Nanette Merrill said...

You two are so cute.