Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Stars upon Thars

Hello!! I spent the morning cleaning my craft room. AHHHHHH--felt good. I have 6 bags to take to goodwill. How does that happen? I think "Stuff" multiplies and replinishes on its own!!

Thought I would show my new quilt. I had the top finished for quite some time and finally got it machine quilted. It is the first BIG quilt I have made and finished. I tea-dyed the curtains in our room, too. The picture doesn't capture that too well, but they are quite a bit darker and warmer than the light tan they were before I dyed them.
Ahhh--I like it!! And since I showed a bed, I just have to share something the Rebecca(My 10 year old) wrote on an assignment from the first day of school. The paper was titled, "If I could be...
She wrote, "If I could be a piece of furniture, I would be a...BED because they are really soft and people only get on me at night." Made me smile!!

Did I show this one? I can't remember. It is quilted and on a ladder in the front room as we speak!! This is the first Buggy Barn quilt I have made. It was fun!!
Nice to have some finished projects!!
Hope Wednesday has been good to you.
Be nice to People,
Julie


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both quilts are gorgeous! Those stars are so cool because they are big! Very neat pattern and very nice work and color choices :o)

Janene said...

The title of this post totally captured my attention..."The Sneetches" is my all time favorite book!
I am in LOVE with both of your quilts...You are a girl after my own heart!
I would love to own a handmade quilt either made by me or someone else...and considering that I can't sew, it would definately have to be made by someone else! LOL LOL
Have a great week!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

beautiful, simply beautiful......

Kimberly said...

LOVE your star quilt! And the little quiltie I made for you looks great there! It's even reflected in the little mirror!

...almost done your runner...

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Beautiful quilts. Love the stars!

Carole said...

Congrats, your quilt is really great... but then so is the whole room ! Your decoration is fabulous, I wish I had our bedroom all ready - but I haven't made up my mind as to what colour scheme to use !

Carin said...

Beautiful Julie! Love your whole bedroom.

Speaking of sneeches my Dh had them painted on his VW bus when we started dating LOL!

Melanie said...

Completely in love with the buggy barn quilt -- Great colors for the season.

Stephanie said...

Love the quilt, it would match perfect with my bedroom!!