Friday, July 31, 2009

My Grass is Green Enough

Quilts and friends--two words that when brought together are even more fabulous than when alone. Six of my quilty friends and I went to a quilt show on Wednesday. We had such a splendid day. There were a couple glitches though--we followed a flatbed hauling a massive dumptruck, taking all the lanes of the freeway for awhile, we got caught in a traffic jam(detoured to a quilt store to make wise us of our time ;), and we had to find new roads because of construction. But, hey, all the delays just made for more chatting and laughing!! Of course, we stopped at a few quilt shops, too...and stopped for lunch. Here are some photos of the quilts on display at the show. What talent we have in our state!!
Love the colors.
This would look so great on my bed!!

Embroidery..and more embroidery!!

For a circle bed--go figure. I have never seen one.

Oops- i forgot to turn the Dear Jane quilt---too many little pieces for my skill level!!

For you Twilight fans!

Sunbonnet Sue---hard to see, but the stitching was beautiful. Sun Bonnet Sue makes me smile!!

We did a little trade amongst the group, too. Our fearless leader, Becky, gave us each the same blue and yellow fabrics a couple months ago, and we could do anything with them. This is what I got--I just love it!! Thanks, Marilyn. I just had to give her a hug. What a fun day--yea, quilts and friends!!

Didn't think the day could be better, but when I got home I found this wonderful package on the porch. I did a textile trade. I SCORED!! Thanks so much, Shirley, I love it all. Everything was very well thought out. She made the little wall-hanging and the crocheted hot pads. She found the hankie at an antique store, and she made 16 coasters for me. How Nice!!

Found this thought at a quilt store--it's my new thought for the day-- .

Hope your grass is green enough, too, and that you all have a great weekend.

Be Nice to People,
Julie










6 comments:

Sara said...

That sounds like a wonderful day! Friends and quilts, what could be better! And your swap - what a great package!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh I love that new saying Julie!! It is perfect. What a wonderful day you had - despite the traffic problems!! Sounds like you made the best of it. The quilts you showed are all gorgeous!!

hugs, Linda

Carin said...

Julie great quilts! where was the show? You all look so happy.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the saying too! I know mine sure is!!!
Looks like you had a wonderful day with friends and quilts:)
Rondell♥

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Is is okay if I join your group? I don't quilt but your meetings and outings look and sound like so much fun! And I love the new stitchey. The saying is so sweet.

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Now that's a Top Ten day, Julie -- traffic woes and all! I'm so glad you had a day out with the gals.

And I also LOVE your new motto. So simple and yet so very meaningful.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend, my friend...