This post is still part of my whirlwind week last week. I think I have mentioned in the past that I am president of my quilt group for this year. We meet once a month and do projects, show what we have made, make charity quilts and just gab and share. Last Wednesday, we had our summer potluck picnic. I put together Charm bottles for each lady.

The charm bottle consisted of 72- 2 1/2" x2 1/2" squares of fabric, a piece of fabric for the backing, and instructions. Prior to making the bottles, each of the ladies gave me 10- 2 1/2"x width of the fabric strips of different fabrics, so I had a lot of different fabrics.

I cut over 1,800 2 1/2"x2 1/2" squares--that took some time. Then I tried to give each lady 72 different fabric squares--quite the process. There were some duplicates, but not too many. Now the ladies are supposed to take the squares and make a wall-hanging, runner, table topper or whatever they would like. We will have show-n-tell in November.

Here are all jars ready to go. It should be so fun to see the finished products. We have some pretty creative ladies so I'm excited to see what they come up with. My girls helped me put them all together--thanks girlies!! So many projects, so little time. Have a terrific Tuesday.
Be Nice to People,
Julie
14 comments:
that is so so so cute! what a great idea. i love it.
What a fun idea. Lots of work but will be so worth it when you get to see the final results. I bet everyone loved them.
This is the neatest thing I have every seen!!! Don't they look pretty all lined up and ready to share:)
What a terrific idea! And they look so cute there all together on your counter!
my jar is still waiting for some sewing time. maybe in a little :)
What a GREAT idea Julie! If I was in that group, I would be very happy!
What a great idea! I love it! And its nice that everyone donated!
Love the new background!
That was a fun idea! But, a lot of work for you. I'm sure everyone was excited to get it, though.
You are such a clever, creative, and generous soul, Julie. I can't wait to see what your quilting buddies create!
I hope you're all enjoying some summertime fun. It was a treat to catch up with you this evening...
How neat!! Bet they will love them and all be different!!
ENJOY!
Hi Julie
These are jars of love. What a beautiful, kind and generous thing to do. It is exciting to see what everyone does with your wonderful jars.
Elise
Now that's my kind of canning! What a fun idea! You'll have to be sure to post all of their clever project! Fun! Jewel
Wow Julie... big undertaking!! I bet they were a hit! Great idea and very cute!
And the ABC quilt... the letters are pieced. The pic should enlarge if you click on it. They're kind of fussy but I'm getting the hang of the measurements. The book is called "Alphabet Soup" by Tammy Johnson and Avis Shirer. It's a VERY cool book and I got it a while back at Coles for $4.99... regular Canadian price is $38.99!
You'd like it... great projects other than the alpha sampler.
Happy Wednesday! Kimberly
What an awesome idea!!!! Though my hand would have been tired from cutting. LOL
P.S. Your stitchery is in a place of honor I will be showing this week.
Post a Comment