Monday, June 1, 2009

Busy Little Beaver

The girls will be out of school this Friday--YAHOO!! It is time for a break. Although our summer is full of activites, it will be nice not to hear the word "homework" for awhile.

I worked on a few things today in my sewing room. The list of projects if endless, but I made a small dent today.
My wonderful neighbor brought me a basket of goodies a few months ago. In the basket were yo-yo's and doilies. They belonged to her mother, and she asked me if I could do something with them for her. So, I made this runner today. It turned out so cute. I think she will like it--I hope anyway. I have several more doilies and 4 more projects in the works. I will show them when I get them finished.
This is finished. It is for a swap that I will mail before June 15th!! Sorry, I can't show the whole project because it is a surprise.

This is for the swap, too. I was a busy little beaver today. I also cleaned, vacuumed, and organized 2 closests. This day needs a few more hours. Hope all is well with you and yours, my friends. Thanks for stopping by--have a marvelous Monday.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

11 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Please show a pic of the patriotic one when you can, I'd love to see!

I'm sure your friend will just love the runner.

You have certainly been busy today:)
Rondell♥

Nanette Merrill said...

Fabulous projects. Love the doilies. Yes, school is out. And I'm at work wondering what is going on at my house!

Sherri said...

Wow...you have been busy! Love everything!

Val said...

You got a lot accomplished today. I had 3 grandchildren so a lot went on but not things that are seen if you know what I mean. We went and saw the movie "Up"! It was great!

Elise said...

Hi Julie

I love what you did with the doilies, this will make such a beautiful keepsake for your neighbour.

You sure have been a busy and very productive beaver. Hope you are having a wonderful week.

Love
Elise

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

My you were a busy beaver Julie! Would you mind sending over some of that energy to me, please?

I hope you and the girls enjoy your summer vacation together!

Tammy

Becky J. said...

cute stuff. love the doily on the runner.

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

More lovely creations... Keep 'em coming, Julie!

I hope you're going to enjoy a load of summertime school vacation fun with the girls. We're in the home stretch here with just a few weeks left to go. A new routine.

Always good hearing from you, my friend :)

Linda said...

Great runners, you have been busy. Thanks for stopping by and your kind thoughts, yes I also did the quilting on my string quilt.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

You have been busy, my friend. I would love to do a swap. Do you have something in mind? Have a great weekend!

Carla said...

You have been busy!! Working AND playing! I love your creations, I'm sure who ever receives them will really enjoy them as well:)