I have been thinking a lot lately about a young man who is Jessica's age--the tender age of 16. They have been friends since Kindergarten. He is an extraordinary young man. At the beginning of his 7th grade year of school, he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He has been through numerous surgeries, chemo, radiation, the works!! He has remained stalwart, positive, full of love and full of faith. He is trying to LIVE in the midst of dying. He also earned his eagle scout award through it all. He is now facing more tumors, that are growing more rapidly, dizziness, loss of speech, unbalance, blurred vision, loss of his grown-back hair, missed school, on and on. I can hardly think about it. TRIALS------I just have a lump in my throat and tears down my cheeks.

This is for him:
Hug those you love today, mend a hurt heart, and just be grateful--life is so uncertain.
Be Nice to People,
Julie
13 comments:
How terrible about that young boy. I often ask God why?? He has a plan for each and everyone one of us, it's just confusing and upseting though. I will be keeping this boy in my thoughts and prayers. It's just a reminder to treasure all the simple moments each and everyday.
I will keep this boy in my prayers, Julie. What a terrible thing for him and his family.
Pam
Oh Julie, it is so hard seeing what cancer does to families.
I have Angeled 3 kiddos with brain tumors in the last several years. 2left us to be with God but my first buddy, Wyatt, will celebrate his 9th birthday later this month. Still, the tumor is in his brain - inoperable - but stable for now. Like a time bomb waiting to go off. And I angeled other kids and adults with other kinds of cancer, and it is just so devastating.
I will keep this young man in my prayers.
Sometimes we all need a nudge to remind us about what is important..and to cherish the things of everyday life. Thanks for sharing.I will pray for that young man.
Such a sad but inspiring story, our children are truly gifts that we cherish.
For my first time visiting with coffee in hand, I can only say that we can all as mothers feel the pain in his family.
Oh my gosh...how horrible! I know God has plans for everything...but it is so hard especially when someone is so young. I am so glad to hear he is holding onto his faith! I have said a prayer for him!!!!
Julie
We are facing the loss of my dear SIL from a brain tumor also. Life just seems so unfair at times I can't stand it. I just keep looking up and asking for a miracle. I will add this young man to my prayers.
Rhonda
See that is why you are my friend, you have such a tender heart and always make me cry! Thanks for being my friend and I am sending you a big hug...xoxo. I am so glad to know that this young man has such a sweet friend as your Jessica. I love the Irish blessing, I hope it is okay if I copy it for my blog also.
Blessings to this young man, and all the lives he touches.
Oh Julie, those things are so hard for any of us to understand. I know I'll pray for him.
Tammy
You are so right. We need to hug all of our loved ones. I will keep him in my prayers.
Hi julie
This young man certainly does sound like a remarkable person who has already touched so many people.
The Irish Blessing you posted for him is beautiful.
I will be keeping this special young man, his family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.
Lots of love
Elise
You are so right....This boy sounds like a wonderful young man. My heart hurts for him and his family. I will keep them in my prayers. As a mother I can't even imagine such a thing..
Hugs~
Tania
Post a Comment