She came, she came.....Look how adorable!!

I won this doll of a doll from
De. I was more than thrilled when I learned I had won because she had over 300 entries!! How's that for a contest? This doll is so well made and just perfectly adjusted to living at our home already!! Thanks so much De--visit her site and see what she has to offer. She is one talented lady!!

The doll with my dolls!!

Lets see, still working on my trade--it's almost finished!!

Rebecca, my fourth grader, and her class are donating teddy bears to a place called the Family Connection Center. It is a place for children who have been involved in domestic violence. The kids who go there, get to go home with a bear. Her class is sewing these bears together by hand for their Valentine's party at school next Friday. I am helping to cut them out and get them ready. I will then help them sew them next Friday. What a great way for these kids to show love!! Hmmm--what can we do to show love? I hope we're thinking about that!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie
12 comments:
you are sooo lucky. I just love her and your daughters are indeed dolls as well.. That is sweet what the children are doing for other children.. such an awesome way to learn compassion.
Stella
Julie, Julie, Julie... I CAN'T WAIT! I love it already!
...got all the stitching and applique done on yours... just want to quilt a little before I bind.
Maybe I'll have to tease you a little more before it goes in the mail!
Hugs to you and all your beautiful dollies!
Yes, she is a doll, Julie. And so are your girls. What a sweet thing for Rebecca's class to do.
Julie,
What a little doll she is, so cute & congrats on your win. Your girls are just beautiful, dolls they are. can't wait to see that trade.
hugs,
Pam
What an awesome thing for your daughter's class to do! How touching!
Julie~ Do you mind me asking what type of fabric you are stitching on??? I like the look of the stitching on it.Your fireplace looks so pretty, and "all" the dolls look very nice especially the live ones....
Blessings,Joann
Your girls are so lovely Julie. What a sweet picture of them with your new doll.
What a wonderful project! There are so many ways to show love - cancer patients are my project of choice (that didn't sound right but you know what I mean), but homeless families, our soliders - the list of those that need our love and support goes on and on unfortunately. I think it is great that the kids are involved. I think community service projects should be mandatory in each grade level.
hugs, Linda
What a DOLL! She does fit right in:) What a lovely shot of your girls:) Your trade is looking great, and those bears are perfect:)
Julie,
Your little doll is so cute. I also love your blog header photo. Our fireplace looks almost just like yours and I've never really like it because I could never figure out how to decorate it. Yours is so prim wonderful and has helped me with ideas of how to maybe decorate mine.
Cindy
i so love the little girl and the teddys. have fun!
What fun to find your blog. Your girls are beautiful and clearly the little doll has found the perfect home!
The teddy bear project is very sweet. I hope you show pictures of all the finished bears.
Hi Julie
That adorable doll went to a perfect home. The picture of your beautiful girls with the doll is gorgeous and your girls look so happy - they are just delightful.
I like the idea of showing love to people in the community for Valentine's Day. That really is a special way to celebrate this day.
Lots of love
Elise
Post a Comment