Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Teaser and the letter B

This is my teaser picture. Don't you just love/hate those? :) :) Kimberly and I are doing a trade, and this is part of the wall-hanging I am working on for her. I am also making one for me. There is a stitchery in the middle that I am stitching. So fun... I hope she likes it.

I am playing the ABC game so I asked Linda to assign me a letter. She gave me the letter B!! How did you know that would be perfect for me, Linda? Here's why: (my #1 reason)

#1 BRET----That's my hubby. He is my life. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for him, his goodness, and his devotion to me and the girls. How did I get so lucky to find him? He is a dream!!

#2 BREAD--Any kind, any shape, any size.

#3 BOOKS---What would I do without books--fiction, non-fiction, journals, quilt books, decorating books and most importantly the scriptures--Book of Mormon and Bible.

#4--BEDTIME---Need I say more?

#5--BUYING FABRIC--Even when I don't NEED it.

#6--BLONDE MOMENTS--I are one, so I have them!!

#7--BLACK--not because its connotation is dark, but because it is such a wonderful color to use in decorating.

#8--BROTHERS---I have three who are the best.

#9--BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS--with my girls, my friends, my husband, and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

#10--BARGAINS---from anywhere and any place, but especially yard sales and the thrift store.

Well, that was fun. If you would like to play, let me know, I will give you a letter!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

20 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

So glad I gave you B!! That was great! Oh I love the colors in your tease!! Can't wait until you swap and we get to see the whole thing!

hugs, Linda

basketsnprims said...

Julie,
How fun reading your B list. Linda gave you the right letter, didn't she? Can't wait to see what you're making.
hugs,
Pam

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

I love the colors of this project. You are so good with this letter game. Enjoyed my visit!

Janene said...

Julie~Mmmm! I love Bread, any shape, size or form!
Your swap item looks really nice, what little you showed to us!
Can't wait for the big reveal!

Kimberly said...

I think I'm in looove! Lookin good, my dear!
Hugs to you, Kimberly

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

The letter "B" fit you perfectly! I loved your list!

I can't wait to see the rest of the "tease"! :)

Tammy

Gen said...

Can't wait to see the rest of what you're making. Love your valentine decor in your banner Ü

Anonymous said...

I've been reading everyone's letter game and you did an awesome job with yours. I love all you listed with the exception of #1.. lol.. I don't know any Bret's but I'm sure your's is awesome. Oh.. and #6 would have to be brunette for me but I realllllly should of been blonde.

Hugs,
Stella

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love reading everyones "letter". You did great with yours...I just love the colors in your fabric that you are useing for your swap:)
Rondell

Jo-Anne said...

Hey Julie!
I want to play the ABC game!!! Your list was great.
I really like the colors in your teaser. I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.:)

Katy said...

Oh my gosh....I just LOVE what you are making....it is going to be (or already is) BEAUTIFUL!!!! You are so talented!!! :)

Sara said...

Great b's - especially books and buying fabric! LOL!

Can't wait to see the finished project of your teaser! Looks great!

Time to Blog It Up! said...

WOW it looks like Valentines has sprung up at your house,...Love all the decor. Love your B moments. Tamee♥

Sharon said...

Loved your color tease.
I enjoyed reading your letter B list it was cute.
I had the letter G, but not as neat as a lot of others.
Have a great day.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

LOL - I do the same thing when chatting on the phone! I can't just sit so I tweak as well. Gotta make the most of all our waking moments, don't we?

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Oh, Julie ... that's just not fair to tease us so! I can't wait to see what you're making, my friend!

And I love all of your "B" favorites. It truly was just the right letter for you, wasn't it?

Have a great night!

Sue said...

I LOVE your blog. I am trying to go and read back from the beginning now. I have a question for you. I want to learn to quilt. What pattern would you suggest that I do as a beginner? It could be a table runner or whatever. I love your wall hangings and want to learn to do those. Thanks for any suggestions.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Such a sweet tribute to your husband ... but I believe that you didn't find him ... God sent him to you! Loved just knowing more about you. And just when I think I couldn't like you any better! (Smile)

About those pinkeeps ~ I'd be honored if you wanted to make them with your quilting group. I'll email you with a more detailed note about the materials I use. Maybe I'll do a tutorial for my journal. That would be fun since I've never done one.

Can't wait to see your surprise!

Blessings,
Lea

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I am really enjoying this game. Such interesting choices!

Carla said...

me too, except for Bret and material (I do buy other stuff, even if it really isn't needed)

Love your header, and two move B's for you,
Beautiful Blog:)