It was fun to hear from all of you. So many of you were born in the 60's--thought you might like to see what happened in 1966:
World Population: 3.415 billion
President: Lyndon B. Johnson
World Population: 3.415 billion
President: Lyndon B. Johnson
Life expectancy: 70.2 years
Medicare Begins (July 1).
Unemployment: 4.5%
Cost of a stamp: $0.05
Baltimore defeated the L.A. Dodgers in the World Series
Boston defeated the L.A. Lakers for the NBA championship
Tom Jones won a grammy for best new artist
Song of the year was " The Shadow of Your Smile.
CBS deems "Psycho" too violent for at-home viewing
The Academy Award went to "The Sound of Music"
Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" was released
FDA declares "the Pill" safe for human use
Walt Disney died
Medicare Begins (July 1).
Unemployment: 4.5%
Cost of a stamp: $0.05
Baltimore defeated the L.A. Dodgers in the World Series
Boston defeated the L.A. Lakers for the NBA championship
Tom Jones won a grammy for best new artist
Song of the year was " The Shadow of Your Smile.
CBS deems "Psycho" too violent for at-home viewing
The Academy Award went to "The Sound of Music"
Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" was released
FDA declares "the Pill" safe for human use
Walt Disney died
Hope Wednesday has been wonderful.
Be nice to people,
Julie

11 comments:
Love those stitcheries you're working on Julie! I really love the sheep one!
Isn't it a shame what they allow on TV these days...and it's not considered too violent? Those facts were neat to read! (And you can tell I was born in the 60's by using the word neat). :)
Hugs,
Tammy
Wow, look how the price of a stamp has gone up!!! Loved reading the imformation:)
The stitcheries are going to turn out so cute...be sure and show some pics when done!
Rondell
Oh! I love the stitcheries you are working on!!! That is something I would LOVE to try someday!!! :)
LOL....that cracks me up...a stamp only cost 5 cents!!!!!!
Ha, ha...I'm still on the fence about that one. I'm not sure if doing spring projects will bring spring here faster or jinx myself! I'm keeping my pine garland and snowmen out and my Valentines stuff up until the end of the month...only a few days away. I guess I'd best get moving on new stuff or it will be bear here. It might be time for spring crafts!
I don't know much about the 60's....that's when my parents were born..lol. It's about 20 years before my time.
Have a great day :)
Leslie
Julie,
I'm so ready for spring & I love your stitcheries. All of my winter stuff is put away. Why is it we are so anxious in November to get it all back out ~ LOL.
Pam
Hi Julie, I love your stitcheries. I also love the fabrics you are using for your giveaway projects. I can't wait for spring!!
Amazing isn't it! All the changes in our lifetime already. Gosh, I don't feel old enough for there to be that many! Anyway, love your stitchin'!
Lisa
Beautiful Julie! I love those fresh fabrics! Have fun with those stitcheries! I'm just starting 'June' in the Buttermilk patterns.
Hugs, Kimberly
I have to agree with you! The yard needs so much work done in it....I am happy to sit and stitch!!!!
Cuute stictcheries! Where do you find your patterns? I'm just getting started with stitchin' and having a ball with it! I can't wait to see them finished!
Erin
Love the stitchery you are working on. Where do you get stitchery patterns free? Linda
Post a Comment