I thought I would do a quick post about my quilt group tonight. We are celebrating Abe Lincoln's 200th birthday. Each of the ladies has been asked to bring show-n-tell that consists of a wall-hanging, quilt, pin cushion, hot pad, etc. made with replica civil war fabric or log cabin blocks. I am so excited!! I will try to remember to take photos...

Here is the back of the van--loaded and ready to go. See the wooden pennies flowers in the front of the photo. I am sharing the pattern that I made. I thought something with pennies would be appropriate since Abe is on the penny...good 'ol honest Abe. There's also decorations and give-aways!!

Here is one of my civil-war replica fabric wall-hangings.

Here is part of another(I am not a very good photographer). I have a quilt, too. I will post that photo with the other ones from tonight. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that all goes well for this one. It's stressful for me to be the one in charge---I know I will survive though. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Be Nice to People,
Julie
9 comments:
Oh, Julie, what a wonderful idea to celebrate Mr. Lincoln's birthday. Such fabulous quilts. Have fun tonight.
Pam
The civil war fabrics are just awesome!
I hope you have a wonderful time:)
Rondell
What fun....wish I could be in your group! You are soooo talented
I know you are a wonderful leader!
Beth
I love quilts! You are so creative and make everything sound so fun! I hope you had a wonderful time, can't wait to see the photos!
Hope you had a fun evening with your quilting ladies, your wooden pennie flowers look soooo cute...I wish I could come to your quilt group,lol!
the night was Perfect!!! you did a great job. everyone was very pleased. can't wait to see the other photos- i know i was there, but it's nice to have a review of the good stuff.
Hope your meeting went well! Love those wall hangings with the civil war fabric!
Lovely quilts thanks for sharing. Linda
I love your site. Seeing all the quilting and samplers inspires me to get busy! I can see a lot of sewing in my future.
Take Care,
Debbie
Post a Comment