Monday, February 23, 2009

New Goodness

I had a nice weekend. Lots to do, but lots got done--WAHOO!! My brother finished our tax return. He is the best. He has ALWAYS looked out for me, and he has a heart of gold. I am lucky to have him as a brother. He had this bench in his very nice home and decided it just didn't fit his decor. So, guess who he gave it to? Yup, me!!

It certainly fits my decor. I love it. It opens for storage of quilts and wall-hangings. Score for me!!
I also received this fabulous wall-hanging from Kimberly. I love how she does hand quilting around the designs she stitches. It fits my home so well, and I love the scripture she used--thanks Kimberly. We did a trade. It is fun to do that--so if anyone would like to, just let me know. We will work something out.
My birthday is this Friday. I am posting a give-away tomorrow to celebrate. I am not getting older, just wiser, right? So please visit tomorrow--I would love for YOU to win!! Happy Monday.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

You'd love for ME to win? Why, how nice of you! I'm glad you like the hanging... I'm loving mine! Thanks again! Hugs, Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Wow.. what an awesome bench. Lucky you :) I love reading your blog, you give me inspiration to get back to my quilting. I wish I lived in your area.. I'd love to be in your guild. Love the things you do!

Hugs,
Stella

Becky J. said...

i'll be here tomorrow too. i love the bench. nice stuff. :)

basketsnprims said...

Julie,
I love the bench and all the prims you have displayed on it and around it. Awesome gathering. What a wonderful gift you received from Kimberly. It fits right in your decor. I will for sure be back for your giveaway.
Pam
basketsnprims

Kindra-At Home With K said...

You're turning 29 right? :) Do you have any special plans for your birthday?

Love that bench, what an awesome gift! And "my" boxes look great displayed on there! Your swap with Kimberly was so sweet. :)

Susan said...

The bench looks great...love how you've decorated it. I love the wall hanging, too.

Lisa said...

WOW - That wall hanging is gorgeous!! Lucky you to own it : )

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa
http://primsfromabove.blogspot.com

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

What a nice brother you have Julie...doing your taxes AND giving you that great bench! I would have been super happy over that too! Your display of everything looks great too!

Blessings,
Tammy

Sherri said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL bench! Love all of your decor with it too. Happy Early Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Score is right! What a nice bench... and girlie! I love your decor :o)

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Lucky you! My sister gave me a bench too about a year ago. Love when the family shares treasures! Love how you have it set up too!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What a nice brother indeed! So helpful and generous too!

That's right, you are getting wiser and better! I'll be back to see what's up!

hugs, Linda