Thursday, February 12, 2009

Block of Month quilt

Goodness--Thursday already. I have been subbing at the school all week, so my blog has been put on the back-burner. I just come home too tired and with too many demands. I finally have a few minutes before dinner and then a meeting I need to go to. I have wanted to post about my Block of the Month quilt since Saturday. I am so excited!!
I am making the quilt on the front of this book--one block of the month at a time. Our local quilt shop is hosting this. They give us the fabric, we just need to cut, piece, and sew it together. If we bring back the finished block each month, we get our name in a drawing each month for a Singer Feather- weight sewing machine. That's 12 chances!! Wouldn't that be so awesome?! I also got the extra piece of fabric because it's my birthday this month. Fun stuff!! See the nifty box all the goodies are in? That will house our blocks each month as we get them made. I think I'm going to really enjoy this!!
Also, since it is my birthday month I got a $5.00 coupon towards anything in the quilt shop. I knew right away what I "NEEDED"--ya, right--this cute primitive book. It has patterns for quilts and dolls. I can't wait to get started on something. I just have WAY too many projects!!

Also, I got this little pillow made. I also taught Rebecca how to make one--hers is almost finished, too!! Thanks for all your nice comments all the time--I know it takes time to do that, but they are so enjoyed!! Have a splendid day!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie


16 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I got a cute pillow from Colleen with that same sheep. :) It is so cute! That quilt is going to awesome when it's done! Don't work too hard. Are you or did you get some snow? I think we are getting your storm tomorrow. :(

Anonymous said...

Love that pattern and the colors are beautiful!

rachel griffith said...

oh how fun!!!
i really LOVE the little pillow.
:D

basketsnprims said...

Julie,
That quilt will be awesome when it's finished and doing a block a month is not so overwhelming. I love that cute pillow. Happy Birthday to you!
hugs,
Pam

Susan said...

Your quilt is going to be lovely. And the little pillow is so cute. Have a great evening!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Awww, Julie -- your talent astounds me! How fun to create something so beautiful -- complete with a chance to win.

And I think that your little sheep pillow is darling :)

Here's hoping you'll have some down time this weekend to enjoy being with your family ...

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

That pattern is beautiful and I know I will love that quilt when you're done! I love your pillow too...so neat that you're teaching Rebeccca your love of sewing!

Tammy

Raggedy Angel said...

I love your primitive youngins book...can't wait to see what you make out of there. Happy Birthday!!! Beth

Anonymous said...

Ok, first off thanks for visiting my blog, it was very sweet of you! I am also glad that you are an ABE fan, lol! I love that you quilt, I have always wanted to learn. I love your mantel it is amazing! Also, happy either birthday or belated bday! Us Aquarius' have to stick together! I scrolled down on your blog and saw the pretty dance pictures with your daughter, it brought back memories of my daughters dances, she is away in college now, and of my first dance. It was ninth grade, I went with a very nice boy, just as friends. I saw him recently and he is now a nice married man. Thanks again, and enjoy Valentines day with those girls! Sue

Becky J. said...

hey- nice book....i might have to take a peek. hee hee.

limpingalong said...

What are "Prims"?

Leslie said...

The BOM thing sounds like fun! You don't have to worry about anything but picking up your little kit and putting it together!

The book looks really cool, too!

Great job on your sheep! That little thing has really gotten around the web. I love mine!

Leslie

Sara said...

I really like that BOM that you are doing and can't wait to see it finished! I also really like that book and the little pillow. Too bad life gets in the way sometimes!

Dawn said...

I love the darling valentine pillow!! Too cute!!

Carla said...

Love this sheep!! Just love it!
Happy Valentine's season to you and yours:)

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh you have been working on so many sweet projects. I just adore that prim booklet with the dolls on it. I can hardly wait to get back to doll making. I'm slowly catching up on things.

Those gals at your quilting group must just LOVE you! I know I do!

Smiles,
Lea