Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thinking about February

BRRRRRR!! It's so cold today. I think the high is in the teens. There is snow on the ground and ice on the roads. AHHH, where is the sun? Well, I decided to warm things up in the house and brought out some Valentine decor. I'm ready for a new month. I really have been happy about January this year though. It actually has gone fast. Oh, the power of positive thinking....
Anyway, here is a runner I made. I made up the pattern and had fun making it. The lighting makes it looks lighter than it is. The binding is scrappy, that's why some fabrics are lighter than others.

Here is a little heart wall hanging. I made up this pattern, too. Can you tell that I like homespun fabrics? They are not always easy to work with because of lines going the wrong way and such, but I love the country look. I am hoping to change all the winter decor to Valentine decor by Friday. February is one month closer to spring. February is my birthday month, too. I think a give-away is in order soon--stay tuned!! Hope Tuesday has been terrific.
Be Nice to People,
Julie




21 comments:

Janene said...

Julie~
Those look great and very festive for Valentines Day!
I too love the look of homespun..You did a great job with the fabric.
Honestly I am not a fan of Spring decor...but you have made this so prim and warm...this is the first time I have seen something like this and it is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Love your decorating :o) The runner is so cute!

Paula said...

That's what I LOVE about homespuns! The crooked plaids and stripes. Regardless - your wall hanging and table runner look awesome. Love the colors!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Julie,

Valentines Day is a holiday that I just don't have decor to put out. I'm not really sure why. I love hearts!

I love your runner and your wall hanging! Your handiwork always makes me smile!

When's your birthday in Feb.? Joy's is next Monday...Groundhog's Day!

Have a great evening!
Tammy

Kimberly said...

GIrl you make me want to QUILT! I'm almost done organizing my office... one of these days I'll get some sewing started!
Have a great rest of the week, Kimberly

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Love your valentine goodies! It took me a second to realize that was my quilt block painting. LOL Looks great with your decor, Julie. Hope you have a great evening!

Leslie said...

Julie,
I love your heart goodies :) I started working on a few things for Valentine's myself. Normally I just leave the snowmen out until I dig out the Easter but this year I'm creating new stuff :)

Ahh...homespun just does that, huh? Well, I thought it was just me and my beginner skills with quilting when I made the wall hanging this fall. So it wasn't my fault?! I tore a few things apart and re-did them because it bothered me so much! LOL

January really has flown by. Positive thinking really helps :)

Have a great night!

Leslie

Katy said...

I just LOVE the things you make Julie!!!! You do beautiful work! I LOVE all those chickens on your lil shelf there in that pic too!!! They are fantastic!!! :)
Have a great rest of your week! xoxo

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I never tire of seeing your creations. I love them both!!

We are cold and getting 8-12 inches of the white stuff tomorrow. I do believe I am staying in!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Julie, Thanks so much for stopping by. Wouldnt it be fun to have a big convention and get to meet the women that we talk to almost daily in person???
Would you or have you already done a tutorial on how to make things like your beautiful table runner and wall hanging, I would love to do some pillows like that but I dont know how??? Any help is always appreciated. Stay warm, Sue

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Just beautiful work you do...your home will look so nice.

I had the same additude about January as you and it did go by fast come to think.lol I'm ready for February too just one more month until Spring:)
Rondell

Catty Wampus said...

Julie they all look so pretty; what a nice job you do with these. Murphy sends his doggie love! Merrie

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

You work is beautiful. I enjoyed my visit with you and will be back for more. Thank you!

basketsnprims said...

Julie,
I love your runner and your quilt. Such talent, and to make your own designs. I made a few things for Valentines Day, too. January did go by quite fast considering the freezing weather we have had. Stay warm.

Hugs,
Pam

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

I just love your Valentine's Day decor, Julie! And you sure did a wonderful job with January! Way to go!

I hope all's well and warming up where you are! It's snowing here ...

Take care, my friend.

Carla said...

I'm ready for some Valentine's Day too! Your colors are so warm and cozy! love 'em!

Jo-Anne said...

Very Cute, Julie!
(You just let me know when you are ready for another little swap!)

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Great work! I love homespun and your designs! Just love them!

Linda said...

Love the hearts, I'm ready for new month and so tired of the cold and snow here in Ontario.I like the homespuns as well. Check out my heart runner. Linda

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Love your new runner! Oh how I wish that I was as productive as you.

And then I scrolled down and saw your funky little chicken collection! Love them.

Smiles,
Lea

Michelle Payne said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and I think all of your heart samplers are simply adorable.