Ahhhhhh, it feels good to be back to my prim self. It sure was a wonderful holiday season with family, friends and loved ones. We had such a nice Christmas and New Years. Hard to believe that 2009 is HERE!!! I hope this year holds lots of blessings and successes for each of you. New beginnings are wonderful.
I was thinking about resolutions today. The word Resolution, according to Webster, means FIXED and FIRM in purpose. I hope to be fixed and firm in purpose in some areas of my life such as: scripture study(personal and family), morning and evening prayer(personal and family), family photo catch-up, and making a difference for good in the life of my family. Priorities--it's all about priorities!!! I hope to make my priorities fixed and firm, too.
Let's see, on to a picture to post. We removed all the Christmas decor a day or two ago. I have a few winter items--this quilt is one. Who doesn't LOVE snowmen in LOVE?!!!

I normally don't enjoy the month of January because it is cold, snowy, LOOOONG, and dark. However, the other day, I read an email from someone who said she loves January because life slows down and there's more time to think and reflect. Ah-ha moment for me. I have decided to LIKE January this year, and take time to THINK and regroup. We'll see how that goes, especially that as I type this, there is a blizzard outside, it is dark, and it is cold--guess I better think!!! :) Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I am so looking forward to reading your posts and commenting again--routine will be nice!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie
14 comments:
Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful perspective on resolutions, priorities, and even winter--I will now try to concentrate on being more "still" in January!
Hi, Julie~
I wish for you a very blessed and Happy New Year. We live in northern Mi. and this am it's bitter cold & we have tons of snow, but I enjoy January. It does give us time to reflect and plan an exciting, brand new year. I kind of hibernate in Jan. and get alot of home projects, craft projects, and list making done. I like to browse thru seed catalogs and plan my garden. We love homemade soups and stews so I make lots of that & freeze portions of it. Have a wonderful day.
Pam
Love your snowman quilt and new blog look! Yes, the winter can be long and cold...but what a nice way to make the negative into a positive. :) Have a great weekend, Julie!
I'll really try to have a better opinon of January since I read your post:) I think this month I'm going to try and make more prim stuff:0
Rondell
I feel so out of whack myself still. When will the routine be back in my life? The kids start back to school on Monday so I guess that will be a huge change after two weeks vacation. Jer has had a lot of time off with the holidays, too. I haven't really done anything normal in the last few weeks or especially since Christmas ended. How I miss my life! LOL
I don't mind January. January is still the beginning of winter so it's fine for me, plus it's my birthday month :) I get tired of winter about the end of February beginning of March and really have enough if it's still snowing come April. However, I'm trying to be positive and upbeat about everything and enjoy every season in it's best :)
Have a great weekend!
Leslie
I love your ideas about January. I am going to change my attitude about this month and be a more positive person and I will remember that if we didn't have winter, we wouldn't have spring. Who knows, something good might happen in this month. :o)
Thank you for such a fun blog to read. I love your snowman quilt.
Susan
such a beautiful quilt....
I like your thoughts on January, Julie...and I love your quilt!
About some posts I missed! Congratulations on winning the quilt contest! Happy Birthday to Savanna!
Blessings to you and your sweet family for 2009!
Tammy
You always make me smile, Julie ... deciding that you will indeed like January this year! LOL So cute. In recent years, I've come to love January too. I suppose each month has its special joys.
Your quilt, as always, is darling!
Smiles,
Lea
Hi Julie
Wishing you a wonderful 09, one that is filled with peace, good health and happiness for you and yours.
Love
Elise
I'll have to join you in your new outlook on January for it definately was not on my top 12 list of faves!!! ~Blessings to you and yours!
YES YES YES - I love that attitude - time to reflect and slow down. PERFECT isn't it??!! There is always a way to find a positive in a situation.
and I love your new header - so perfect for your back to prim look!
hugs, Linda
Hope January turns out to be a great month for you. I really never gave it much thought, but I like the idea of reflecting and relaxing. By the way, what pattern is that quilt? Is it a Meme's? Love it!
Looks like you are off to a good start to the New Year Julie. A good attitude and keeping perspective can be our greatest companions. God bless you.
I've really enjoyed visiting your blog tonight...it's very welcoming.
Have a great evening...a fabulous January...speaking from the snow in Toronto, Canada!
kathy
Post a Comment