Hello!! I've had a hard time this month feeling crafty, creative or quilty. So, I went to my sewing room to get some creative juices flowing. I looked through containers, on shelves, in books, through files, and then found this little treasure. It just might be what I need to get going. However...Help!!

These blocks were all given to me by some great friends in a quilt group. I am not sure how to put them all together. Sashings? Borders? Scrappy? Wall-hanging? Quilt? 3 runners? You get the idea. Any suggestions--I would love your thoughts because you all have such great ones. Thanks!!

I AM GOING TO MAKE THIS, TOO!! ISN'T IT CUTE? Just need to measure, cut, sew, and put together! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can... Happy Wednesday.
Be Nice to People,
Julie
16 comments:
Hello! I came across your blog and love your quilts!! Could you please tell me where you bought the flour sack towels?
Thanks
Rebecca
I wouldn't have a clue, Julie, how to do it! But one thing I'm sure of is...I know YOU can...I know YOU can...I know YOU can! (And I love those colors of the fabric in that last picture).
Hugs,
TAmmy
Julie,
I agree with Tammy. I know you will figure out the best way to put them together or like you said make three runners. I love your new pattern, I love stars. What awesome pillows. Have a wonderful day.
Pam
I do like the runners idea. I am sure that whatever you come up with will be amazing! I can't wait to see your chicken quilt. THAT IS CUTE!!!
I wish I could help but all I can do is sit back and see what unfolds and knowing how talented you are - it is going to be wonderful!!
I like the new quilt that you're going to start. Looks simple and oh, so cute and Prim :)
I don't know what to tell you with your quilt pieces. I think it's tricky because the colors aren't ones that you would normally put together. I can see you have them lined up so that the ones that match the most are in a row and runners would work. If you want to do a hanging, I would probably mix them all up and put that pink on in the center. I have a hard time. I think everything should match but I guess the old quilts don't!
Have a great day :)
Leslie
I only wish I could quilt. I just love the look. I am sure whatever you do will be beautiful!
The one on the top right is my favorite, but they all have pretty colors. I wouldn't know how to put any of this together but I'm sure you'll have fun with it!
i think that 3 runners are a good idea.
springish one.
fallish one.
christmasyish one.
but then again, if you place them right, it would make for a SUPER cute table topper. {or wall quilt.}
and your new project is a SUPER cute one!!!
Oh, how I love your site and your creative ideas. Thanks for letting me stop by and look.
I like your table runner idea. You can never have enough table runners. q:o)
I also like to quilt and enjoy making up patterns.
Thanks for your ideas.
Susan
I think borders and either runners or all together as a table topper. I am sure that it will be a great project and look forward to seeing the finished product....
I know you can, my friend!
Maybe a table runner or smaller table mat with the squares that coordinate the best?
I'll be interested to see what transpires ... and it's good to know that you've had a lull in creativity too this month. I know I sure have!
Happy weekend, my friend!
Hi, I just dropped in to let you know that you are the winner of my Annie doll giveaway. Please send you mailing address and I will send her home tomorrow. Thanks for entering! De (you can use the contact page on my website to send your info privately)
Hi Julie!
I haven't been online much this past week or two, but I had you on my mind and wanted to stop in to say hello!
How nice to have blocks from friends. Guess because of the color differences, I would be tempted to make runners but I'm not the most creative when it comes to putting things together. I am often amazed at you real quilting girls who pull together the most unlikely fabrics to create an amazing piece. I'm trying to learn, but I do believe its a gift!
I read in one of your posts that you're doing square foot gardening too. How exciting. We just got our wood and mix materials this weekend. I couldn't be more excited. We are making 6 boxes and have a lot of work to do. Since ours have to be at the end of our very long drive through the woods, we need to provide some additional protection from the critters so we have to build the wire cages to go over each.
I may try a small box back here in the woods for some plants that don't need as much sunshine ~ if Jeffrey will let me put another box down! LOL
Well I sure hope that you've had a pleasant weekend. I'm going to catch up on what you've been up to before I sign off for the night.
Smiles,
Lea
The videos are a set of 3 that I have. They're old tidbits from the PBS series and some comflict with the "New" SFG Book but I sure enjoyed them. I just sent them to Tammy at Country Girl at Home. If you're interested, I can send them to you when they're returned to me. Just let me know. It's nice to share!
Oh one more thing, I love that new chicken pattern! I drew a pattern for 4 funky chickens some time ago. I wanted to do a really crazy wall quilt with polka-dot chickens both fat & skinny. I wish I could show you the picture in my mind. It's not exactly prim but it is quite folk artsy and whimsical.
It's still on my ever growing list of sewing projects.
Smiles,
Lea
Julie! I just was over at Bowls N Annies and saw that you had won her doll! Oh my goodness, I couldn't be happier if I had won her myself. Now your little prairie doll will have a friend!
Smiles & hugs,
Lea
PS ~ I promise this will be my last comment on this post. There is probably some blogger etiquette rule against more than 3 comments for one post that I've just broken.
Post a Comment