You know how you tell yourself that somedays you really got NOTHING done. Well, today was one of those for me until I had an AH-HA moment--I like those. I decided I did work on something today...and that is being a MOM!! Let me explain.
Jessica ready for the Christmas dance--December 2008Jessica has had some high school STRESS lately, and I have tried to help her muddle through. She is working so hard as it is the end of term--LOTS of papers, essays, exams, quizzes,reading, etc. She has also has some friend challenges in which we are learning to cope. We have laughed, cried, prayed, goofed off, studied and hugged--cuz' that's what we do!!

Savanna is also working hard at school work and friendships, too. She needed help lately with school and church activities--that she was in charge of. I tried my best to support and encourage her. She is an amazing girl with so much potential--I just need to help her realize that.

Rebecca needed a pioneer costume for school on Monday. She and Karissa needed hats for HAT DAY at school today. Karissa couldn't find her FAVORITE Madagascar hat for HAT DAY --so between both girls, there were tears and frustrations, but we worked on happiness and attitude.(For them and me). WHEWWWW.......
You know, I am far from the perfect Mom, and I have a lot to learn, but I do know that I want what's best for my girls. I WORK seriously and take seriously my stewardship over them. So, working on something, I guess is all in the perspective. I'm so grateful for AH-HA moments. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Be Nice to People,
Julie
18 comments:
Julie, don't you love those ah-ha moments? I know I do. Your girls are all so pretty. It is so hard growing, I think way more so than when I grew up. I'm sure your girls will work thru everything. What a good mom you are.
Pam
A mom of 4 girls works hard every day - whether it is something you check off a list or not. Being amom is the hardest job we will ever do. But certainly by far the BEST! though I am told Grammy will seem like the best!
They are just beautiful daughters...you must be doing something right, I always gave myself a pat on the back as my four were growing up now the two oldest ones now know how hard that jobe is:0
Rondell
What pretties you have! Just being mom is the MOST important isn't it?? Great job mom! You did it without thinking, kudos to you:)
There are many days that I feel bummed that I didn't get to work on my craft projects, but it's because I was busy being a Mom and Wife. Those are far more important, of course, so I have to not get stressed out and realize my crafts are there for later!
You have beautiful daughters and Yyu're a great Mom from what I read about you. Pat on the back for you and hugs!
Leslie
Julie your girls are just beautiful! I always thought when they were just little that it got easier when they got older. Learned how wrong that was! You seem to being a wonderful job with them, you should be proud! :)
Jennifer
Great post--- Being a Mom is a 24-7 job....Tough stuff. And I really believe being a teenage girl is even harder. You are doing all the right things. Sometimes you just gotta sit and listen. My daughter's senior year of High school was tough and she was a good kid, but it's just not easy for teens these days. P.S. my sunday school class had more fun making snowman soup with bible verses. and I Mailed the left overs to my now college daughter going to college where they have fourfeet of snow on the ground... tons of dorm room smiles.... Thanks again....
You are a fantastic mother! It is so hard to watch our children go through these "character building" experiences when all we can do sometimes is just pick up the pieces. I agree with you 100%....everything else can wait....our children must be our first priority. Your girls are beautiful, inside and out. Pat yourself on the back. You are doing a great job.
Thank you for your post. I feel sometime very frustrated with my kids and reading what you wrote by "being stewards over them" (I know not a direct quote) put even those frustrations in a different light. My daughter who is in 4th grade is having relationship trouble too and it isn't always easy knowing what to say, but we are getting through it. Thanks again!
Christy
There is nothing like a mom and it sounds like you are a great one. You will blink one day and they will be gone having their own lives. Thank you for your sweet, sweet comment. I have enjoyed visiting your blog too.
Your girls are lovely!! Being a mom is the hardest but most rewarding job ever!! I appreciate those "Ah-Ha" moments to...especially when I recognize them. Thanks for sharing your's with us!!
You're a GREAT mom! Thank goodness we have the Spirit to help guide us we teach and learn from our kids. Love ya!!!
Julie,
Thank you sooo much for your sweet comment! Your daughters are beautiful!! I can relate to the high school stress thing! Wow, sometimes it gets so hard for children today (and parents,lol). I never remember it being so bad when we were in school. Thank God that you are one of the few today that really takes the time to encourage and support your children. So many fail with there own and the kids turn to the beggerly things of the world for comfort. It has been so nice to "meet" you, too! Thank you again for your kind comment and offer to help me with the valances/quilting! I look forward to your next post.
You did the MOST IMPORTANT thing of all! Being a great mom is priceless. Your post took me back to high school and all the stress and drama it held! Even though it has been quite awhile since I have been there I sure don't miss it!
HAve a great day!
Beth
You have the hardest and most satisfying job EVER!
Sounds like a great week to me!
Blessings, Linda
Thanks for the timely reminder, Julie. I needed that this week...
Your girls are very lucky to have you, my friend. Enjoy your weekend, my friend. I'm sure it will be a busy one!
There is no greater calling in the world, you know! I still have a little doll in my bedside table that my mom gave me when I was about 18 and heartbroken. She didn't say a word, just handed me this little doll that represented her love. Sometimes I still need that doll. Mom's are the just best gifts in the world.
Your daughters are so blessed to have you as a mom!
Hugs,
Lea
Hi Julie
Sometimes I need to try and remember this. At times, I get to the end of a long day with my two little ones, wondering what I have achieved. Often the "results" are not tangible and they certainly aren't instantaneous.
But, a gummy smile, or chubby arms thrown around my neck and smiling faces are perfect reminders that I am living my dream and loving every second of the journey.
Thank you for the reminder.
Lots of love
Elise
Post a Comment