I put this thought on our fridge every year at Christmas time. I love everything about it and try to do a few of the suggestions. Hope it provokes thought and then action in you, as it does in me.

"This Christmas, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again."
~~~~~~~~Howard W. Hunter
Be Nice to People,
Julie
15 comments:
A great thought, thanks for sharing it. I love all your deco's for christmas. Tamee♥
WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a wonderful quote and very thought provoking!
Mind if I make a copy?
Thank you for sharing this!
Bravo! Thanks for sharing...
Hey we used to be neighbors.I am from West Valley City Utah..and I too am LDS..small world..I was there for a visit this past october as all my family still lives there..I didn't get a chance to see the lights at the temple..I so wanted to...went to all the great shops and fell in love with Taipan...oh my gosh..wish they had one here... I will definitely put your name in the hat...Merry Christmas and all the best for a new year :)
It is easy to forget the true meaning of Christmas. I'm taking time this year to reflect as well as sharing more with my children. Thank you for sharing and reminding of those things we don't always take the time to do!
Christy
Very nice quote :) It's just too bad that half the world doesn't care or take any thought into something like that. Sometimes I get tired of trying to be the better person and getting kicked around.....that's why I am trying to "clean" up my life and keep those people out :)
The spray sealer...I use Wal-Mart's Color place clear spray paint. It's only 98¢ a can and works well. I have been using it to seal projects for the last 8 years with no complaints and it's a bargain :)
Have a great day!
Leslie
That is what Christmas is truely about!! God Bless!~wendy
I see you put your picture up! Pretty lady, Julie! What a wonderful quote! What a reminder!
Love your header!
Thanks for the uplifting words. They are really meaningful to me.
Such a little message that could really change our lives ... and so many others. Thank you for sharing, Julie!
AND I loved seeing your picture. Your smile is just as sweet as I imagined!
Wishing you joy,
Lea
What a beautiful reminder of what is important!
~Kelli
I just love this Julie! I need to copy this down and have to up to remind me to be the best person I can be...Everyday. Thanks for being such a wonderful and inspiring friend. Hugs.
And great to see your blog picture. It's wonderful to see your smiling face everyday now. :)
Such inspiration! Thanks for sharing, Julie!
I sure hope you're all enjoying a wonderful family weekend ... amid the hustle and bustle of the season.
Very nice and well said!!
Post a Comment