Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snowman Soup

BRRRRR.......yup, winter is here. There's definetly enough snow around here to make real snowmen and even paper bag ones!! I am doing a craft tomorrow in Rebecca's school class. We are making snowman soup.

First, though, the kids will need to make the snowman. I purchased the white lunch bags. Then built Mr. Snowman with a hat, nose, eyes and smile, of course. I tried to keep it real simple as the kids only get about 15 minutes to work on it.
Inside each bag is a snowman soup kit---hot chocolate, marshmallows and a candy cane for stirring. The kids will put the soup kit in the snowman bag. Hopefully they will decide to give this for a gift to their mom, dad or grandparents.

I have the bags, paper and soup kits all ready to go. They will just need to trace, cut, and glue.
It should be a low maintenance, fun craft. I think this would be fun for kids to give to their friends or classmates. Hope you're all keeping warm...hey, you just might want to go build a snowman and then have snowman soup.
Be nice to people,
Julie


10 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Very cute! I have bag toppers I use for the same idea.

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

You can't go wrong with Snowman Soup ... or a sweet classroom craft like that one. I hope it's a huge hit, Julie!

We're anticipating two snowstorms over the next few days ... so maybe we'll be building a real snowman soon.

Sandy said...

What a great craft idea...simple but yet CUTE :)

I hope all the kidies will love it...but I am sure they will.

Sandy

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

THAT IS SO ADORABLE!
I can remember getting bags of min marshmallows and they were called 'snowman poo'!
It was not in school, though!

Unknown said...

I love the snowman bag idea! This might just work for our classroom craft this Friday at my daughter's Christmas party in school! Thank you for sharing!

Melanie said...

I love this!!! I'm thinking I can incorporate a bible verse and create a craft for my sunday school kids the sunday after christmas... great idea...
thanks!

basketsnprims said...

Oh, how cute. I bet the kids just loved it.

Pam

TaraB said...

What a cute idea! I have a Christmas party this weekend and I think this is just the project for the young uns!

Time to Blog It Up! said...

I love snowman soup...yep! Looks like a perfect project for school, way to go. ♥Tamee

Farmhouse Blessings said...

That looks like a fun project for Colton. We just might have to give that a try. Using glue is a BIG challenge for him. He can't tolerate looking at it and certainly can't get it on his hands, but its good therapy so we just keep trying! But a snowman just might be enough motivation to make him want to do this project. Thanks a bunch!

Smiles,
Lea