Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Shelves

Here are some more images of Christmas at our house.
The little decoration hanging from the wreath says "Be Nice to People".(Where have you read those words?:) It was made by my blog friend, Tammy. A very thoughtful gift--I had to display it where it is seen by anyone who comes into our home.
CHRIST--the reason for the season.
The stockings were hung....there's even one for the dog. There's also a little one at the end(by the dog's stocking) that I will explain in a later post!! I made the runner at the base of the fireplace.
I love to decorate with ladders--bet you can't tell!!

I made the stitchery a few years ago. Barn wood always gives things a great look!!

In the kitchen. The fabric book on the shelf is a book of 25 Christmas stories and poems. One for each day before Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Don't you just love the feel, smell and look of Christmas? I do. Tomorrow I will show some stitcheries. Thanks for taking the time to peek into my little corner of the world---even if you have lists of things to do. I always enjoy your comments and kind words. Have a blessed day.
Be Nice to people,
Julie








17 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your decorations!
christy

Susan said...

Love your Christmas decorations.
Blessings,
Susan

{lauren} said...

Everything looks so pretty:) I'm excited to see more! Have a great night! <3Lauren

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Very festive and I do love everything about Christmas!!

Janene said...

Julie~Your home looks so warm and cozy! I really enjoy seeing how people decorate for Christmas. And yours did not disappoint me!
Thank you for sharing with us~

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

It looks beautiful!! I too this time of year just has a wonderful magicial feel to it!! Did you make all your stockings? I love the "Christ is the reason for the season" sign!! So true!!! Take care my friend!!~Wendy

basketsnprims said...

Julie, everything looks wonderful. I love everything about Christmas, too.

Blessings,
~ Pam

Sandy said...

Everything looks all so wonderful.
I just love everything...each it's own little spot :)

Sandy

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Your home looks so nice for the season, Julie. I love all the little signs all over. :) I have a weakness for them.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I love your style girl!

Anonymous said...

Julie ~ thanks for sharing the pictures of your decorations ~ your house looks so cozy and inviting!
Blessings 2 U!
Linda

Jeanette said...

Thanks for showing the pictures! I wish they were all mine... I love them all!!! lol Merry Christmas! -Jeanette in Calgary

Alecia Merłowicz Morris said...

Hey Julie:D Great Christmas decorations, looks like you're having lots of fun!

Leslie said...

Very nice! I love it all very much :)

Yes, I am enjoying the sights and smells. I don't enjoy the work, though! LOL

Have a great day :)

Leslie

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Such a warm, festive, and inviting space.... Everything looks wonderful, Julie, and I'm s glad you're enjoying the season, my friend...

Carla said...

How homey! I love your primative style!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

How pretty everything looks! The fireplace is especially lovely. All the stockings look so nice. I have a special stocking, too, for a little one that is not with us. We look forward to the day when we're reunited with our precious one.

Hugs,
Lea