Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas quilts and wall-hangings

Well, Thanksgiving 2008 is said and done. Our time together as a family was peaceful, full of laughter, and more than enough food for all. One of the best blessings this weekend was the fact that I filled the van with gas, and it only cost $25.00, instead of $65.00!! WAHOO!!!! We'll take what we can get!!

We decorated for Christmas over the weekend. Lots of boxes hauled up and down the stairs, but we did it. I love Christmas. I thought I would show some of our decorations this week. Today, I will start with the quilts and wall-hangings we have.
This is new to me this year. It came from my good blog friend, Jo-Anne. Love it, love it, love it!!
This is new this year, too. It is from another good blog friend, Kimberly. I had it on the kitchen table, but I didn't think it showed up enough, so I hung it. Love it, love it, love it, too!!

I made this last week. I have another one made ready to give to someone for a gift.
This is made with 5 inch squares---a charm pack, for you quilters out there. I just added the circles for variety.

Another little quilt. Fits just right on the ladder.

This is made with Honey and Me fabrics. I love all the Honey and Me fabrics and prims. The Santa on the bench is a Honey and Me Santa.
This is my favorite Christmas quilt. It's a Meme's quilt pattern.
I found these 9 blocks at a yard sale for $2.00. I put them together, put a border and quilted. I am thinking about rit dying it, but I'm a bit scared I will ruin it. Still thinking about it. I have a row quilt that is in process. I really hope I can finish it THIS year. Hope Monday is treating you well!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie







20 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hi Julie... just lovely! I recognize the meme's pattern... looks great! I have the green snowman fabric I spotted in one of your pieces and am still thinking about what to do with it. Can't wait to see more of your decorating! We're going to do our tree tonight, or at least that's the plan!
Have a great day! Kimberly

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Hi Julie glad to hear you all had a Blessed Thanksgiving!! Your quilts as always are so pretty!! I especially love the one on the ladder with the santa next to it!! Have a great day!~wendy

Janene said...

Hi Julie~
What great quilts!
I too love the one on the ladder! Wendy and I will just have to fight for that one!
Have a great Monday!

Unknown said...

What awesome little quilts!
Christy

Something Nice and Pretty said...

You do beautiful work and I also love the one on the ladder with the Honey and Me Santa:)

Have a great evening!
Rondell

basketsnprims said...

I love them all but especially the one with the stars. Awesome work.

Pam

Sandy said...

OMG...I LOVE all of them.
I don't think I can just pick one because they are all so yummy!!!
Very talented I must say.

Sandy

Paula said...

Great Christmas quilts!! Love the way you've decorated your house with them all.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Julie your quilts bring such personal warmth to your home. I love them all!!

{lauren} said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! And oh my..I just love all of your beautiful quilts..you are so talented! I can't wait to see more of your decorating too! Have a great night! <3Lauren

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Oh my word I LOVE all your quilts. I love to decorate with them but don't have any in a Christmas theme.

Mary

Adam and Crystal said...

I love the JOY one...its so cute Julie.

Dawn said...

Your quilts are lovely!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I Love the one with the stars on it. your valances are all so nice-----

Susan said...

Julie,
All of your quilts are beautiful. You are so talented! And what wonderful blog friends you have that send you quilts!
Hope you have a great evening!
Susan

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Well I sure did enjoy that tour of quilts! Just gets me all excited to make a bunch of my own. I really want a wall of little quilts down my hall. Wouldn't that be fun?

Love your new design. It's just gorgeous! Are those circles appliqued on the squares?

I can hardly wait to see what you come up with next!

With joy,
Lea

Carla said...

Very festive! Quilts just make a place home:)

Barb J. said...

I just adore quilts, and these are all gorgeous!

Katy said...

oh my gosh...those quilts are all absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love them! :)

Nanette Merrill said...

These are really all darling. What fun things to decorate for the season with. Nice!