Monday, November 10, 2008

Thanks for all your get-well wishes for my toe. You are all so kind. The latest is, it now is a lovely mixture of purple, green, yellow, red and orange. However, it is feeling better, and I'm not limping as much. Onward ho....

I thought I would show some of my Thanksgiving decor today. I don't have a whole lot, not compared to Christmas, anyway.
This is my first and only attempt at painting a plain piece of wood. I painted this in 1994. All my sisters-in-law, mother-in-law and I had a painting party. It was fun, but a lot of work. I don't think my hand is steady enough for a paintbrush!!
A simple stitchery.

This stitchery I colored with crayons. I painted the frame and then flecked paint on it with a toothbrush. Have you ever done that? Way fun--makes you feel like a KID again!!

My turkey wall-hanging. Those turkeys look happy to me. I guess they don't know what's ahead for them--LOL!!
Hope you're having a nice Monday.
Be Nice to People,
Julie




11 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

You did a great job on painting your November wood piece!! I don't think I could do that good!

You know I am always a fan of your stitching work! I LOVE the Turkey wall hanging!

Have a great night!

basketsnprims said...

Love your stitchery & your Turkey wall hanging. You're right, he doesn't know what's coming.

Pam

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

So glad your toe is getting better. We use to to the toothbrush painting with the kids at school - OUTSIDE! It's alot of fun!

Sandy said...

I LOVE your wall hanging!!!
I only wish to sew like that someday.

Sandy

Leslie said...

Goodness girl, that's not an easy piece to start painting with! That had a lot of TINY detail so I beg to differ. You CAN paint better than you think!

I love the quilt wall hanging and the stitcheries :)

Yes, I have flecked paint on things with a toothbrush...MANY, MANY times :) It's so simple and creates a good effect.

Have a great day!

Leslie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi Julie,
I think you did a wonderful job on everything. I love that Turkey wall hanging:0
Rondell

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Oh my, Julie! Everything is just perfect! It's hard to sneak in those Thanksgiving decorations, isn't it?! I was running around putting out a few things yesterday so that we can enjoy them before the Christmas things come up from the basement.

I'm glad to hear that your toe is on the mend :) Hang in there, my friend...

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I think you did a wonderful job on your wood painting! I love all your Thanksgiving decorations too...you are ver gifted with needle and thread, that's for sure! :)

Have a great day, Julie!
Tammy

Sue said...

I really enjoyed seeing your Thanksgiving decor. It is such a short season to have things out. You did a really wonderful job on all your items. I love them. I also love the Temple link on the sidebar. I haven't quite mastered adding things to my blog yet. You and yours have a wonderful day.

pinetrees on the moor said...

Hi Julie hope your toe is on the mend now,love your sticheries, and love your wall hanging.Take care~Kate~

Jo-Anne said...

HEY! I used the same pattern as your wall hanging into a quilt! Love it!
Your stitcheries are terrific,as usual, and you did a great job on the wood.

(Glad to hear you're toe is feeling a bit better!)