Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

November 2nd(Sunday) was Jessica's 16th Birthday!!! How did that happen? She was just our baby. The weekend was full of surprises. Let me explain...
First surprise, Jessica decided to get her beautiful hair cut---10 inches of it!! She is donating it to Locks of Love. She was brave as ALL that hair was chopped. It's for a wonderful cause, though. This is her second time to donate.

Second surprise, two of her friends decorated her room without Jessica knowing. How Kind!! They left chocolate all over the bed--now that's good friends. She received over 30 texts and phone calls, too, from friends.
Third surprise, I planned a surprise family birthday party. Have you ever done that? It requires telling a lot of Little White Lies!! We pulled it off though. 38 family members came, and she was TOTALLY surprised!! We have the BEST family. They were so generous to come. They even parked their cars away from the house so that Jessica couldn't see them. She was at a friend's house while the family all arrived. She opened the door, and everyone shouted, "SURPRISE"--she was moving too much, so the photo is blurry!!
My hubby and I gave her a birthstone ring. It was beautiful. Her birthstone is in the middle with two little diamonds on the side of the birthstone. She loved it.
Look how kind everyone was--she got some very nice gifts.
Sweet 16 and never been kissed--YAY!!! This is a photo of the cake. It's a little melancholy for me to have a 16 year old because now her life involves driving and dating. I guess that requires me to loosen the apron strings a little bit more--sigh!! Oh, and that means I'm getting OLDER, too--bigger sigh. It was a great weekend!!
Oh, and I voted this morning. What a great feeling to have that right and responsibility. God Bless the USA!!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie





15 comments:

Kimberly said...

How fantastic! Happy Birthday Jessica!

Time to Blog It Up! said...

I am so happy that your suprise party went off with out a hitch! Her hair looks so cute. WOw it was a big week end for Jessica, tell her happy birthday from me. Don't feel too bad about growing old, just remember I will always be older than you...yuck! smile and have a great day. Tamee

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Awww what a sweet 16 she is too! SO lovely!! My Jen donated her hair at that age too. What a great cause. I knew a little girl who recieved a wig made from donated hair. It made her feel more normal while facing cancer.

You aren't getting older, you are getting better!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Happy Birthday to Jessica!! so glad we share the special day!:0) She is a beautiful young lady, and look at that hair!!! Time sure does fly!!!Have a great night!!~Wendy

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

gSweet 16! Happy Birthday, Jessica! How nice that you could pull off a surprise party too, Julie! It looks like she is really loved by LOTS of people! And I love that she's donated her hair to Locks of Love! Joy plans to do that one day...when she's brave enough to cut it! :)

Jessica, I wish you many more years of happiness and memories! Happy Birthday!

Tammy

Becky J. said...

yay for her!! nice party. i'm not that far behind and with time flying it will be here sooner! yikes.

Sandy said...

Sweet 16...that takes me back...a few years...LOL

Your daughter looks so sweet and how nice of her to donate her hair to such a wonderful cause.

Sandy

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Wishing you the happiest of birthdays, Jessica! You look so pretty and sophisticated with your new hairdo. And how wonderful that you were able to bless someone else in the process.

Smiles,
Lea

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! She is so pretty :o) What a fantastic cake too!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

What a beautiful daughter you have and she seems so well liked and best of all generous...to give her hair twice so that others feel better is such a good quality in one so young. Happy birthday to her:)
Rondell

Leslie said...

What a nice weekend :) Happy Birthday, Jessica!

I love your new layout....it's perfect for you :)

Have a great day!

Leslie

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday to Jessica! What a lovely lady! Julie, your family is my hope that good kids are still around and that they can withstand the temptations of our times. Thanks for the hope! Your family is beautiful!

Katy said...

That is so wonderful! What a lucky girl do have such a great family and friends to do all that for her! What fun! And that is so sweet that the donated her hair to locks of love!!!! :)

Russ D said...

Julie, I am so sorry we weren't able to be there for Jessica's sweet 16. Looks like she had a great time. I miss being down there for something fun like this.

Giver her all our best.

Love, Russ, Alecia, Logan, Brooklynn & Jaxsen

Ryan said...

Looks and sounded like a great time...I wish things would have worked out so that I could make it!
Enjoy having an extra driver around ;-)

-Ryan