Monday, November 24, 2008

Sun Bonnet Sue is finished!!

I actually found a few minutes over the weekend to finish my Sun Bonnet Sue quilt. Three Cheers!! Hip, Hip, Hooray....

I just sewed around each block and the edges. Not too fancy because I want attention drawn to the Sun Bonnets and not the quilting. It is nice to have a finished project.

Here is the fabric on the back of the quilt. It is a little brighter than the front, but it is such cute fabric, and I had it already, so it works!! I still need to make the label--glad that's all. Hope everyone is having a great Monday thinking about and preparing for Thanksgiving on Thursday. Today I am thankful for choices. Choices I get to make each day all on my own--like what to wear, what to eat, what to do, when to do it, how to think, how to feel, what to buy, who to worship, and who to love!! I am blessed!!
Be Nice to People,.
Julie

14 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

The quilt turned out awesome Julie! You do such great work! Do you ever rest? LoL

Carla said...

I love my choices too! They are MINE! (feel the power:)

Love Sunbonnet Sue! I'm glad darling things never go out of style, and your quilt is darling!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

The quilt looks so good!! I so remember them being very popular when I was a little girl!! I pray you and your family have a very Blessed Thanksgiving!!~Wendy

Leslie said...

Great job, Julie :)

Choices are great, aren't they? Sometimes there are just too many, though! LOL

Have a great night :)

Leslie

Mariella ;) said...

wow your blog is awsome !!! and all yours works!
is my first time visiting your blog and i liked all!
have a blessed thanksgiving!

Mariella!

Sandy said...

Oh...I love the quilt!
It looks awesome :)

basketsnprims said...

Wonderful quilt.

blessings,
~ Pam ~

Kimberly said...

Is the September Sue quilting? Funny, but my b-day's in September and I'm always quilting...
It looks great!

Dawn said...

OH, Your Sunbonnet Sue is darling! I am working on one too except it is a machine applique pattern. Love yours!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Julie, your quilt has turned out beautifully. Love the stitched panels. I can't wait to send my mom over for a peek. We were just talking about your blocks today.

I'm ordering the applique pattern with the different bonnets for each month from Little Quilts!

Smiles,
Lea

{lauren} said...

Your quilt turned out so nice! Very cute:) Hope you've had a great day today! <3Lauren

Adam and Crystal said...

That would be great if you could send me ideas for decor. Thanks so much and I changed your name.:)

Time to Blog It Up! said...

It looks so cute...way to go. How was your class on Sunday? Wasn't sharing time fun....ahhhh. Some days it feels like babysitting...
oh well that's what service is all about. have a great Thanksgiving....Tamee♥

Unknown said...

Hi Julie,
I love your Sue Bonnet quilt. I have one from my great-grandmother that she made for me. By the way I tagged you. I thought it would be a fun game to play....checkout my blog!
Christy