Ahhh, it's Friday. I think it's my favorite day of the week. Just a couple of new things for the kitchen to share.

This is a trivet. We made these at our quilt group on Wednesday. We were supposed to bring a block(orphan or new) 13" -16" in size. We then layered it with the block on top, this really neat batting called insul-bright in the center, and then a piece of fabric for the back. The insul-bright batting is used for heat pads and such. It can be bought at Jo-Ann's. We then got to machine quilt it on this sewing machine that required no foot pedal--yup folks, that's right. The machine was motion sensitive. You move--machine moves, you stop-machine stops. AMAZING!!!! The stitches were all regulated, too. What a dream---a $7,000.00 dream. Yep, not even close to being in the budget. Anyway, back to the trivet. It's a great size to put under a hot cookie sheet or casserole dish. I might need to make some for gifts...

This is my new valance for the kitchen window. I wanted something that looked Christmas-y!! I made it last night, and stayed up too late. Hence, a headache for me ALL day. You play---you pay.

So, while trying to baby the headache this afternoon, I watched Little Women with my girls. I have four girls, and the girl's personalities in the movie sure match the personalities of the Little Women in my life. A line in the movie really stood out to me. The girls' mother said of her deceased, wealthy, and stingy aunt, "Her blessings, because she did not share, became her challenges." HMMMMMMMM...thinking about that one!! I hope you all have a blessed weekend full of sharing... but minus the challenges. Take Care.
Be Nice to People,
Julie
14 comments:
Julie, you know I love your valances! I was just admiring mine just a little while ago while playing in the playroom with my boys. :)
Little Women is so good. I haven't seen it in years! Have a great weekend!
Love your trivet and your valance. I can't believe the price of that sewing machine. Have a great weekend.
blessings,
~ Pam ~
Love that moveie...I have the DVD, I'll have to watch it again before Christmas:)
Rondell
I love your trivet...what a neat idea for gifts. I must try quilting at one point...you guys that do it make such wonderful items.
And your valance...WOW!!!
It's just beautiful...you are a very talented person...
I love seeing your work...
Ooo I love your new kitchen goodies! You are just so talented...I admire all your work so much:) Little Women's such a great one...but it makes me cry every time! Have a great weekend! <3Lauren
Hi Julie
Your valance does have a very festive feel to it. It is perfeect for the Christmas season.
That quote from Little Women is a very pertinent quote. Life is all about sharing your blessings. Sharing your blessing means that everyone involved becomes richer from the experience.
The words to the Hymn, Because I have been given much" really resonate with me.
Lots of love
Elise
OOH!! I love your valance!! I love quilting, just don't seem to come up with enough time to do it. Painting is my passion right now. Come check out the give away on my blog - it's as close to quilting as I'm getting right now!!
http://audreyscountrycrafts.blogspot.com/
I LOVE your new valance!
Great idea of hanging it too!
Thanks for sharing,
Rosemary
I love your valances!
Julie, I love your creations. The valance is especially nice ~ I am a partial to stars. So pretty.
I just watched little women today too while I was sewing. I love when Marmie speaks to the girls about not thinking of themselves as simply ornamental but to see themselves for WHO they are. All sorts of wonderful messages in that movie.
Wishing you and your precious family a wonderful Thanksgiving,
Lea
Julie~ You did a fantastic job on the trivet and the valance.
You truly have a gift!
Hope your headache is feeling better, I know how something so little can make you feel so miserable!
Janene
More beautiful creations! I really hope that you enjoy them, Julie.
And Little Women is a classic! I loved the book and the movie was pretty good as well. I might have to rent it again now that you've mentioned it :)
I hope you all had wonderful weekend...
Julie,
I love your valance! So sorry about your headache, but look at the memory that came from it...sitting and watching the movie with your girls! Joy & I love that movie...as a matter of fact, she asked about it for Christmas! She just read the book too. I am wondering which one of your girls has the personality of Jo? That's Joy's favorite character!
Have a great Thanksgiving week!
Tammy
The valance is wonderful!! I love the stars!!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment