Friday, October 10, 2008

Thank goodness for needle and thread!!

It has been a long while since I participated in Kelli's Show and Tell Friday. I thought I would show my Halloween stitcheries today. I have made these the last couple of years.
Harvest home
Need I say more?
I used crayons to color this one!!
I got this frame at a yard sale. After I painted it, I glitter sprayed it. That part is hard to see.
I like cute witches!!
This is my girl's favorite
Buttons add a little fun!!
This one was a fun one to do!!
It says, "I want my Mummy." HeeHeeHee

Happy weekend to all.
Be Nice to People,
Julie









21 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I love all your stitcheries! I want my mummy is a hoot! :) Is it hard to color with crayons on fabric. I have tried paint, but not crayons yet. :)

Have a great weekend, my friend.

basketsnprims said...

I love them all! Where do you get all your patterns? Mummy is so cute.
Pam

Jeanette said...

I love your stitcheries! And, I love your fabrics you used to "frame" them. I'm going to have to look for some more stitchery patterns! Thanks for showing them.

Carla said...

SO CUTE! As always! Happy Halloween!

Grammy said...

What wonderful pillows. I love all your work too.

simple~needs said...

great job!!!!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

YOu have so many neat Halloween ones! Each one cuter than the next!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Your sticheries are just wonderful! That's really something I want to do more of. Very cute!

Manuela

Missy Wertz said...

Nice stitching!

Pink Slippers said...

What sweet pillows. They are so warm and cozy looking

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Julie - I wanted to answer your questions about the antique cutting boards I use. They are indeed antiques and I find them in antique stores. In this neck of the woods - anything good doesn't go to Goodwill - it goes to antique stores. People around here seem to know the value of old things. They are still probably some of the cheapest finds though in the antique stores I go to - that's why I love them so much!!

Have a great weekend!!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Oh, Julie -- ALL of your stitcheries are adorable! Just so darn cute! I'll have to try my hand at one soon.

I hope everyone at your house gets well soon. Have a good long weekend, my friend...

{lauren} said...

I just love all of these:) Have a great weekend! <3Lauren

Katy said...

I LOVE all the stuff you create Julie! You are so talented!!!! I just love it ALL! :)

Black Sheep Lisa said...

I love them all! i agree thank goodness for them, it so relaxes me!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I can't agree with you more, just great work you have done.
Rondell

Catty Wampus said...

I love your beautiful decor; did you do it all? I do love your blog! I was wondering; if you don't mind me asking; about the picture on your sidebar that says where families become forever; could you tell me about that? I hope I am not being intrusive; I just am curious and would like to learn more about that and you; I hope that your daughter feels better? We all have a meltdown day eventually ; sometimes we just need to let it out; she is lucky to have such a great mom; Merrie

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Love them all Julie!!!

Great job. I am going to try a stitchery soon... hopefully... when things slow down. LOL.

Mary

Carin said...

I love your stitchery they are all so dang cute!

Kelli said...

Your stitcheries are too cute! I love the "spooky" one!
~Kelli

Farmchick said...

Love the stitcheries and the frames too! Have a great day!
~Tania