Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Jack

It's a busy Tuesday. I volunteered in Karissa's class this am, went to a PTO Board Meeting at the junior high, and I am subbing for the PE teacher at the elementary this afternoon. I actually have been able to squish in doing 3 loads of laundry, the dishes, and of course, my blog!! I think I need a nap!!

I wanted to share what I made this last weekend. I made a new Halloween wall-hanging. I just used 5 inch squares--black and orange, and kind of made up the pattern for the pumpkin. I then made a scrappy binding. It worked up pretty fast--minus the"Mom, I NEED You Interruptions" I had---LOL!! Karissa said he looked happy, so I named him Happy Jack. Hope your day is as happy as Jack's!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

17 comments:

Kimberly said...

Julie, your Jack is fabulous! Check my blog in a few minutes... I'll post a pic of my version...

Have a GREAT day today!
Kimberly

{lauren} said...

This looks great! He is too cute:) Have fun with the rest of your busy day! <3Lauren

Something Nice and Pretty said...

He is neat...and yes, he looks so happy:) Have a great day!
Rondell

Cathy said...

I love it!! You are definantly talented! Have a bless day!

Dawn said...

Your Happy Jack looks happy indeed! I might just need to make me one too...

Val said...

Oh I just love this. It is wonderful. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I love your blog and will be back for sure.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Happy Jack is wonderful - I so admire your quilting talent!! I hope you catch a moment to breath today.

Lady Katherine said...

The pumpkin is adorable, love the snow, love your red workI got to find the pattern for the good morning pillow cases. I love it all so much.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I love happy jack!! I am always amazed by your work, Julie. Sounds like you are busy being a mom. The best job in the world!

Sandy said...

I LOVE "Happy Jack"!!!
You know if you don't have any room for him you can send him my way...LOL. No seriously...it is just wonderful!

sandy

~Judy~ said...

Happy Jack is awesome! I've never tried to do anything like that.
Have a great rest of the day,
Judy

Carla said...

Happy Jack is perfect, happy, cool, kookie, and very seasonal! Neat idea!

Black Sheep Lisa said...

I love Happy Jack! What a great talent you have!

Neabear said...

I had to come see your Happy Jack after seeing Kimberly's. You did a great job. It almost looks like a Debbie Mumm design! Awesome that you came up with yours yourself!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

He does look happy, Julie! Just love your work. Now I want to make one too!

Smiles,
Lea

Gettysburg Homestead said...

You did a fabulous job Julie!!! Awesome!!!

Back in the Day said...

Love Jack! So great! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have added yours to my faves so I'll be back for sure!