Sunflowers
Sunflowers are the sunniest flowers in the garden with their perky disposition and tenacious spirits. They are adaptable, and have the ability to endure. Their fresh bright colors mimic sunlight itself....we can learn a lot from sunflowers.
~~~The sunflower turns its head to follow the sun----the light. We can turn our heads to follow the SON, too--the light.~~~The main purpose of the sunflower is to make seeds. We can plant seeds of love, faith and friendship, too.
~~~There are 150 varieties of sunflowers thriving in an assortment of habitats including grass, rocky soil and sand. There are many varieties of people in all sorts of difficult and favorable conditions. We can show love and acceptance to all.
~~~Sunflowers are veratile and useful. Sunflowers are beautiful to look at. The flower is used to decorate and bring light into a room. Sunflower products include oil, seeds, paints, urethane and waxes. People are versatile, useful and blessed with talents and gifts to share. They are also beautiful--inside and out.~~~Sunflowers BOW their heads as they follow the light. We can bow our heads in prayer and follow the Light, too.
~~~Sunflowers are among the easiest flowers to grow, but they thrive with extra care. People are no different---they thrive with extra care, too.Be Nice to People,
Julie

12 comments:
how did you know that I love sunflowers...I love the story of how they follow the sun....I did that up for the girls I taught in Young womens once, thanks for sharing it and reminding me to always follow the son. I would love to be nice today, its always a good day when I get to go to football! smile Tamee
I love your thoughts for Thursdays! We've been seeing sunflowers pop up everywhere around Firth. We have a big field of them on the north side of town. They're so pretty.
I love sunflowers too!! They just say Fall all on their own!! Have a great day!~Wendy
Sunflowers as a metaphor for life -- how beautiful. They are abundant around here these days and they always make me smile. Thanks again for your marvelous Thoughts for Thursday, Julie. You always come up with just the right thing...
Hi, I just saw your comments on Leslie's blog regarding her turning the bag into a stitcherie project... you and I are on the same page! I asked her if I could borrow her idea too! I did enlarge the pictures by 200% and I'm planning to make it into a larger quilt... you know, when I find the time!
Blessings, Kimberly
I love sunflowers. I have directions somewhere for a sunflower hut, but I never got around to making one for my kids. My heart in hand ornies are made of a special dough that is then hand dipped in scented wax, rubbed with spices and hand dipped again. They will be in my shop soon. Thanks for stopping by.
...photocopied... :)
Well said my friend!
I love sunflower....they look so HAPPY! Beth
beautiful............
Sunflowers are my favorite flower! Just looking at them makes me happy! Thanks for sharing!
Tammy
Now I know why I love sunflowers so much!
Smiles,
Lea
Post a Comment