It has been awhile since I've sat at my sewing machine and sewed. I found a little time last night and this morning to start and actually finish a couple projects---yea!!

I made these 2 pillows for the loveseat last night. I showed them to Rebecca this morning when she got up, and she laid down, and put her head on one. I said, "Rebec, I just made those last night, don't lay on them." She said, "UGH, what are pillows for then, MOM?" She got me---I guess she can lay on them... I guess. It was just, you know, that," I-just-made-these-they-are-new-feeling!!"

Just a note, I made the pillows to match the valances in the same room.

I bought this mag last week. It has some great photos, quilt shops and quilts. People are so talented!!

Anyway, I really liked this wall hanging that says "pumpkins", but no pattern was provided. I decided I wanted to make this into a valance for my kitchen window, so I made up my own pattern.

Here is how it turned out. I like it, and I just might Rit Dye it--still deciding!! That was fun, now to the reality of folding laundry and vacuuming!! Hope you're all having a great day!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie
19 comments:
More beautiful quilted creations! YOU have so much talent, my friend!! I always love peeking at your latest projects...
I hope the laundry and vacuuming wasn't too painful ;) It's never ending, isn't it?!
Have a great night!
oh my goodness....LOVE THEM!!! I love the pumpkin valance you made too! You are awesome!!!!
Soooo beautiful! I wish I could see something like that and just "make" a pattern. You're very talented.
Judy
Love that new pumpkin valance, Julie!! Wish I could whip up something like that. :) I've been picking up quilting mags now...not to sew but to get quilt block ideas to PAINT. :) Have a great evening!
look at you----making your own patterns now. who would have thought?
OMGoodness! You are so amazing to see that and just make it up. I am so impressed!That is so cute and so perfect for the season. LOVE IT Julie!!
Oh how Fall!! You are so creative!!! Have a great evening!~Wendy
Isn't it a great feeling to finish a project? And you finished a few!
Love the valance- that is just so adorable!
Looks Great...once again. You know that you just make me sick!...lol
Not really, I am just glad that you are my friend...how about doing my laundry while you are at it? tamee
Julie,
I love everything. I love everything you make! Your valances are so nice and very cool. The pumpkin one is nice, too. I often do what you did...see something I like and create my own version! I never run out of things to do that way :)
Have a wonderful night!
Leslie
So beautiful, Julie! I have a creative itch too. I've just finished two little stitched cats, a prairie doll and am working on a pinkeep. I think fall just brings out the stitcher in me.
I sure do love that fall hang. You did a great job.
Smiles,
Lea
Very nice! I know you mean about the pillows! LOL I love the valences!
~Kelli
SUCH WONDERFUL WORK AND SUCH BLESSED TALENT.
Julie,
My quilt I actually got for free. My step mom's father was the maintanance man at a local apartment complex. One of the tenants died and her kids took things they wanted but left nearly all her stuff in the apartment. The stuff was going to get tossed so my step mom's father asked if she wanted anything. She picked up this quilt. I was so sad because it was PERFECT for my bedroom and I wanted it. About a year later, my Dad and step mom bought a house, she changed her style and gave me the quilt! :)
I didn't know where it was from or anything but I found it while searching for new bedding. My poor quilt actually has some holes in it in spots so it's just folded up at the end of my bed now. It's called the Dancing Star quilt....I found it at The Country PorchI should just go buy a new one!
Leslie
oh you did an AWESOME job!!!
i especially love the 'pumpkins' valance...SUPER cute.
You did a great job on the pumpkin valances!!! They turned out super cute:)
Julie - you truly do amazing work!! Are you SURE you won't do an ETSY shop?? You will have orders packed in line, waiting for one of your creations. I love the improvised Pumpkin valance. I would love to have my house ready for fall like yours is!!
Love the pumpkin valance!
I noticed the saying on your wall,
from Lilo and Stitch. My grandaughter loves that movie, LOL!
everything looks great!
Julie,
You are one talented girl! That valance is awesome and I love those pillows too! Just awesome! You need to be making money at this! :)
I laughed at the pillow scenario...as I've been guilty of that too...with my throws! I finally decided that I didn't want my kids to remember one day that they were only for looks! lol! So now they get thrown around...I guess what they were for....to cover up with when your watching TV or just want to snuggle!
Thanks for making me feel better about myself doing it! :)
Tammy
Post a Comment