I was given this award from Beth.Thank you ---that was so nice of you. I love your blog, too.
I also received this award from Beth and Tammy. Thanks so much ladies. Tammy also tagged me with 6 things I need to share about myself, so here goes:1. I watch the Brady Bunch with my kids. It comes on public tv here, and it brings back such good childhood memories.
2. I absolutely love Christmas music. Over the years, I have collected over 120 Christmas CD's. I start listening to Christmas music right after Halloween.
3. I attended grades K-10 in a two-room school house. Grades K-4 were in one room. Grades 5-10 were in another. One teacher for each room to teach all those grades. I had to leave home to finish grades 11 and 12.
4. I grew up on a ranch with 700 head of cattle and 30, 000 acres of range land. We also had over 1,000 acres under irrigation which meant that I helped to move hand-lines and swath the alfalfa!! It was a great childhood!!!!
5. I have an ultra-sensitive nose. I can smell someone's bad breath from across the room. I LOVE things to smell good. Aromatherapy works for me.
6. I am very sensitive to animals. One time, when we were first married, my husband took me dove hunting. He had me shoot a dove out of a tree. It didn't die from the shot, so my hubby had to break its neck to put it out of its misery. I cried, and told him we couldn't keep that one to eat, but had to bury it. I have NEVER gone hunting with him since--that was 18 years ago!!
So I give these people the above awards and tag them, too. Just copy and paste to your blog and share 6 things about you. Make sure you award and tag 6 people, too!!
1. Jo-anne: She made my new runner, sent it to me early, and has such a positve and fun blog to read.
2. Tamee: We have been friends for a long time, and I love to read her blog. She is one the warmest and service-minded people I know.
3. Shay: She has given of herself through an auction of service and love--what an inspiration.
4. Leslie: She has given me some extra instruction and inspiration lately as I've read her blog. She is always willing to help and share.
5. Elise: I love her blog and it rocks because she is such a wonderful mother.
6. Cora: She inspires me each time I read her blog. She has taught me to deal with trials with dignity and humor.
Giving these awards is so hard, because I love all your blogs--that's why you are on my blog roll. I will eventually have given you all one--thanks for your creativity and for being such wonderful people. Have a great day!!
Be nice to people,
Julie

15 comments:
That is funny....I am painting and redoing some things here...I have been thinking about black baseboards and black doors! Love the baseboards...I think they look great!!! Thanks for sharing. Everything looks really nice. Have a great day!
The room looks great Julie. I think you were wise to go with the black - it ties in so nicely with all your things.
Your runner is awesome. What a fun swap for you two very talented quilters!
Julie, I ~love~ your blog too! Your home looks amazing! So welcoming!!
Who is the Jp-Anne that gave you that runner? I can't seem to gat the link to link. Thanks a bunch...
Blessings, Kimberly
Everything has come together very nicely! I love it!
The runner is amazing! What a wonderful gift :)
Have a great day!
Leslie
duh... make that JO-Anne! (I really should slow down when I type...)
Looks gret Julie!
Julie you are absolutely correct the black baseboards look wonderful!!! Your room gorgeous!!!
Mary
Your "new" room looks amazing, Julie! I'm so glad you're enjoying it ... and I'm glad I could enlarge the pictures for a better look.
And the runner you traded for is perfectly fall. Such a fun post.
Have a great evening, my friend...
i love the room!! everything about it is wonderful!!!
I love my black baseboards, but they do show dust, so I have to dust them EVERY friday!! Yours look great! I told you that you would like them:)
Julie, that is one incredible room! Love it! I am just discovering the joys of black.
LOL! I went hunting for the first time with my husband last year. We never even saw a deer, but just the thought of it made me realize that hunting is just not in my blood!
Smiles,
Lea
I love the floor Julie!!!! It looks fantastic!!! :) And the runner you were given is awesome! I love it! ;)
Your black boards look really good black!
I also love your runner!
I too love Christmas music! And poor thing, I could just imagine being traumatized from the dove hunting incident! I would be the same way though! No hunting for me! I would want to be photographing them and their beauty! lol!
Have a great day!
Tammy
hey julie...thanks for the award...i will put it on my blog...you are so sweet. Your room looks scrumptious....always such a warm nice feeling in your home...I love coming to see you. oh by the way I love your little rebecca...she was in my class on Sunday and she was so sweet, just like you. keep up the great work,mom!
I love that runner...that's really great that you made one for each other.
I really like the black baseboards...something to think about for when another project comes up:)
Rondell
Post a Comment