
Hello, my blog friends---I have had one eventful weekend. I LOVE my new floor, however, it isn't finished, so I want to wait to post pictures until it is complete. IT IS TAKING LONGER THAN MY EXPECTATIONS!! I suppose that is normal for these kind of projects---sighhhhhhh!! Anyway, I read all your so nice comments-you are the BEST!!! Thanks, and I promise to reply to each of you. Right now though, I have a VERY important question about my new floor. I love your homes and really do trust your advice, insights and taste. I told my husband I had to ask my blog friends before I did anything more. I was wondering if any of you have mat, black colored baseboards? My new room is muted colors like mustard, tans, and black. Would a black baseboard be Wierd? Outdated? In style? Too much for the eyes at the floor? I just don't know, but would love your opinions!! I have painted some of the old baseboard and am waiting for it to dry. I will lean it against the wall tomorrow and stare at it ALL day(not really, but almost)--I know, pathetic, but I have to see it in different light-LOL!! PLEASE HELP!!! (I have even looked at My Country Sampler mags, but can't always see the baseboards. ) Thanks so much..I'm so very excited to hear from you all!!!
Be Nice to People.
Julie

14 comments:
Me personally...I would paint the baseboards a darker shade then what the wall are painted.
Can't wait to see everything all tied in together!!!
Sandy
I think the black would set the walls off beautifully. In my mind's eye, it will be great....
Hmmm... I have never seen black baseboards. What color are the walls exactly? Make sure you are using a sheen that is washable. I have used flat black and it is very hard to clean.
Mary
I would think black would draw the eye down and be wonderful with the rest of the colors!
I have never seen black baseboards but just thinking about them is intriguing....I say, try the ones you have painted. If you like it, go for it!!! (I agree with Mary about the flat paint....VERY hard to wash!)
Can't wait to see it!
I think you have to go with what works for you and if you don't like it later, you can repaint it to what you like. I have always done my own thing. I have given you a little blog award...come to my blog for all the details. Marie
Hi Julie,
I think, me personally, that black baseboards would be wonderful and set your color off just great. I had black baseboards in one house and I loved it. I have white now and it is so terribly hard to keep clean! I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day!
Blessings,
Shay
Sounds wonderful...I think you need to paint a swatch either on cardboard if the baseboards are in place or on a scrap piece of baseboard and try it out. Leave it there for a day or so and see if you think you might be able to live with it.. good luck and don't forget to post pictures!! :o)
I think YOU will love it... but think about resale. Are you leaving in the next 5-10 years? If so.... I would stick with more neutral...
I've never done black baseboards before, but it sounds like they would compliment your wall and floor colors and decor quite nicely. If you like the looks of the sample -- go for it. You can always repaint them if you aren't loving the look.
Can't wait to see everything!
I would think black would be very chic. Black is really in right now. Looking forward to pictures!
Oh I hope you love your floors!! Each 'tax season' we do a home improvement project and this year we did our floors too! I love them!! We even have a cat and a dog who shed but I still love my floors! I have a few items I use to clean them and it's so easy! Look forward to your pictures!
smiles,
Shayne Louree
Hey Julie, sounds lovely....I would say do what ever you like, you are the one who looks at it all day. I love black, so I bet it would look great. My one suggestion would be to not use a flat paint that low, It shows up all kinds of spots very easily.
Have a great day yourself...tamee
all of my trim is black!! The top & bottom! I love it, because no one else was doing it, it was always white. I just did mine a month ago, you can see it on the pictures of my house if you scroll down a little, I actually just did my dining room today too!! I did not use matte though!!
Post a Comment