Monday, September 15, 2008

Finished--Part 1

I have a sensitive nose. I always have. And I LOVE things to smell good!! I went to Bath and Body Works this past week. They had their wallflowers on sale, so I bought one that smells like pumpkin and cinnamon. I love it because the kids think I am baking something. Fall smells so good!!
My new wall flower--it smells good enough to eat!!
Finished!! I finished 1 of my 3 projects that I found last week--the runner on the bench. Yay--that feels good!!

Finally--part 1 of the floor is finished!! I abslutely love it, and absolutely love my hubby and fil for all the time they have spent in making it perfect!! The time-consuming part has been the transitions from laminate to carpet and the cutting for edges, etc.
Isn't it beautiful? Warm and cozy.....
It is better than I expected!! The room off the kitchen is almost finished, too. I hope it is completed this week!!
Still need the baseboard, but that's okay--maybe this Friday. It has been worth the wait!! Ahh, finished is a great word....
Be Nice to People,
Julie





13 comments:

Time to Blog It Up! said...

Julie...love the floor, looks stupendous! I will have to come and actually check it out one of these days...I think being a personal chef to you would be super as long as I don't have to do the dishes...YUCK! hate doing dishes. tamee

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Looks just beautiful and so easy to keep clean I think..just today I mopped with damp mop after swifting it:)
Your decorating looks great too!
Rondell

Black Sheep Lisa said...

The new floor is Awesome!!
I am so happy for you.

Carla said...

BEAUTIFUL! Congrats to you, and yea for DH and FIL!!!

Becky J. said...

yay julie. I will most definitly see you on wed. it's been a long time. but i'm not out of town this week :)

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Gorgeous!!! Everything looks amazing, Julie! I can't wait to see more!

Enjoy all of your fall scents and finished products -- two very good things indeed.

Have a great week, my sweet friend!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

It's gorgeous Julie! ENJOY ENJOY!!
And tell your DH and FIL they do fine work!It looks professional.

Sandy said...

Your floors look so faboulous. I bet you are anxious for everything to come into place ;)

Sandy

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I love it... Get yourself a swiffer. I never thought I would like it--seems too easy and too cheap, but it is great...and you can buy refills-cheapo ones-at the dollar tree. I love my tile and was always a carpet gal but this swiffer thing--i'm telling you. makes it all easy....

Katy said...

WOW! Your floor looks AMAZING Julie!!! I LOVE it!!! :)

Leslie said...

Julie,
The floor looks wonderful! It was so worth the work and time :)

I'm still waiting for my baseboards and edges to be finished up! LOL Jer bought an edge piece around the tile by the front door but it snapped off and Jer was LIVID. He bought wood and is making his own. Has it all cut and everything he said, he just hasn't put it in yet! LOL Lucky me.

The runner looks great. Very nice :)

And I'm sure your home smells yummy! I need to buy one of those from Bath and Body Works because I want something more than what they offer in Glade. I get tired of vanilla and apple cinnamon after awhile but I like to stick with the baked good type scents.

Have a great day!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Isn't it amazing how a floor change changes the room! It looks great, Julie!! I think the black base boards are going to look great next to your new floor!! Thanks for sharing!!

I missed ya!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh my, those floors look marvelous. Love the simply lines and how easy it will be to keep tidy.

That little colorful table with all the drawers is so cute. I just wonder what you have squirreled away in there! LOL (Isn't that awful?)

Smiles,
Lea