Monday, August 11, 2008

The Weekend

Hello!! Happy Monday. I woke up this a.m. very tired. After taking the two youngest girls to swimming and doing some laundry, I crashed--for 2 hours. I feel so better now and don't have the massive headache that I did earlier. How was your weekend? Weekends go fast and are so jam-packed!!
My honey gave me a dozen roses for our anniversary. He actually bought them, forgot about them, and left them in his Explorer. I happened to go out and move the Explorer (a while after the flower purchase) so a neighbor boy could play basketball with our hoop. I found the flowers, came in the house and said, "Hey Love, did you know that your vehicle is growing roses?" He got this look on his face like "DANG--I forgot!" We had a good laugh--yup, that's 18 years of marriage for ya!!
Yard sale find!! Love it!!

Yard sale find! (the chicken--I made the quilt block in the frame).

Yard sale find! (2.00) Not too prim, but I loved it!!


I also received some super mail a couple days ago.
Kindra, my good blog friend, and I did a trade. She painted for me and I sewed for her. It was so fun!! She made the sign above the clock that says, "A glimpse of heaven can be seen through the windows of a happy home." Isn't it great?!!

She also made the Salt box houses. I had already won the spring painting on the left--she painted a summer and fall one for me There is still room on the wall for a winter scene. I will be ordering one soon!! She is so talented. I LOVE her work. Check out her blog and go to her ETSY store. You will be in prim heaven. She is a great gal, and I'm so glad to call her a friend. Thanks, Kindra. I love my new prim treasures!!!

We are having a bar-b-que tonight with some friends. I told them I would make the dutch oven desserts. I best go do that!!
Be Nice to people,
Julie




10 comments:

Katy said...

Looks like a great weekend...except the headache! Glad you are over that! :)
LOL @ your hubby and the roses!!! Were they still alive?

I love the yard sale finds and also the stuff from Kindra...I agree..her stuff is GREAT!!! :)

Carla said...

how sweet of your hubby! Sweetness is sweetness even when its forgotten in the car!

Love your other stuff-the salt box houses and plaque are perfect!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Too funny about the roses!

I'm so glad you like your prim goodies. I'm sure enjoying yours and proudly show them off when someone comes over. :)

Your quilt block got me thinking of something else you can make me. :) I just love your creations!

Have fun at your BBQ tonight!! Sounds good!

Hugs!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

So happy to hear your headache went away, they can just make a day miserable!!!
That is one anniversary you won't forget!!LOL....The roses are beautiful though!!
Great yard sale finds and I absolutely love your kindra paintings!!! You both are so very talented!!! Hope you have a great time with your friends tonight!!~Wendy

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Your trade with Kindra is great - love the valances you made her! Cute story about the roses too.

Have a great evening - what are dutch oven desserts?

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Your roses look surprisingly perky, Julie! Fabulous story...

And so much amazing prim eye candy! I love what Kindra made for you... and your handiwork is equally irresistible!!! Such talent! Thanks for sharing...

I'm so glad you're feeling refreshed. Have a great week, my friend!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

So glad that you're feeling better. Sometimes we just need to recharge a bit.

Very nice finds. That framed quilt star is wonderful! I am going to put that on my list of things to create. I love it!

Kindra is such a talented artist. Some of my favorite of her work are those salt box scenes.

Blessings,
Lea

Russ D said...

Happy 18th. No wonder your tired after celebrating yesterday:) Take it easy sis-in-law. Give Bret and girls my best.

Raggedy Angel said...

You both did great on the trade, your display is wonderful! Beth

Leslie said...

Great finds and the pieces that Kindra made you are awesome! Looks wonderful.

Have a great day!