"I Love you, my girls"
"The city park was humming with activity—businesspeople were hurrying to their lunch breaks, and shoppers were briskly walking by with their packages. A mother with a stroller was rushing back to her parking meter, when her young child called to her to wait. Exasperated, she stopped, and the child pointed up to the trees. “Listen,” he said.
Baby birds were chirping from several nests as brightly feathered parents darted in to feed them. It was a magical moment of song and color, nature unfolding one of its glorious images just above their heads. But it took a young child to notice it.
Baby birds were chirping from several nests as brightly feathered parents darted in to feed them. It was a magical moment of song and color, nature unfolding one of its glorious images just above their heads. But it took a young child to notice it.
How often do we rush through our lives, stacking our appointments back to back, and miss the simple joys that surround us all?
It could be the echo of laughter from a playground, the sway of a tree in the breeze, or even the gleam of a polished pair of shoes. Simple joys are everywhere—all we have to do is take a moment to find them.
It could be the echo of laughter from a playground, the sway of a tree in the breeze, or even the gleam of a polished pair of shoes. Simple joys are everywhere—all we have to do is take a moment to find them.
Appreciation for simple things is a direct path to happiness. Look around in your own home—a picture on the wall, a cherished book, a clean countertop, a vase of flowers. Gratitude for these little touches can lighten our step and bring a smile to our faces.
By slowing down, by savoring all the senses, and by deliberately searching for the good, we can find dozens of simple pleasures that lift our spirits and remind us how blessed we are. Problems and trials will not disappear, but they will no longer dominate if we choose to look up at the branches, where magic happens, instead of below, where humdrum living can distract us.
Enjoyment of life need not happen in sweeping events of fun and entertainment; it can surround us every day as we seek and appreciate the simple joys of life."
What are your simple joys...share, share, share??!!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

18 comments:
Beautiful post and oh so true! My simple joys...watching my children walk together hand in hand through the fields of our farm to greet their Dad who is harvesting, sitting on my deck drinking my morning coffee(coffee that my farmer made for me)looking out at our beautiful crops and listening to the birds singing sweetly! I have many but that is what came to mind immediately! I would love to eschange links with you....Have a great day filled with simple joys!
Hugs~
So so true! My simple joys - a sweet good bye kiss as DH heads out the door, my warm and cuddly robe on a cool day, a hot cup of coffee in the morning, the pretty flowers in the pots on my back deck, the feel of a chill in the air, a phone call from one of the kids, a sweet comment from a blogger buddy, the sounds of the kids down the street shreiking as they jump in their pool...
I am going to post on the simple things too later this week - thanks for the idea. I'll link back to you if you don't mind!
I think the simple joys are always the most and the most remembered. As I get older, it is the simple things of childhood that I seem to cherish more and more. Just watching a family of birds in a bird house will make my whole day! Thanks for a beautiful post today! It really lifted me up!
Cora
What a wonderful post-the little ones just stay aware! I know I get bogged down. This week I'm enjoying my family. My people. All different, all important. All a part of me, my history, my future, MY NOW. God knew what He was doing when He placed us in families! Enjoy those kiddos-they really do grow up fast!
Hi Julie,
Drop on over to my blog I gave you a award.
Sandy
What a lovely and inspiring post! The simple joys in life and true blessings.
~Kelli
My sweetest simple joy is watching and listening to the older grandchildren reading to the younger. Others include watching the grandkids help their Poppa in the garden, watching our dogs wait in the window for Poppa to come home from work, the smell of lilacs in the spring and honeysuckle in the summer, leaves falling with crisp autumn mornings and warm afternoons, and having the sweetes husband in the whole world to love me and care for me.....
Beautiful, Julie! The simple joys and moments are the best. Let's see..some of mine are when my hubby walks by and says, "Hey baby" in the tone that ONLY he has and only to me, all my lamps on at night sitting around with my family watching a movie (with hot chocolate on the cool days), a walk down the country road, when the kids plop down on my lamp even though they're 19 & 9, working together as a family (sounds kind of crazy I know), the sound of I love you from the kids or Jaso...and so many more....the simple pleasures are THE best!
Tammy
Such a wonderful post, Julie -- complete with an adorable photo of your sweeties!
My simple joys ... a great big hug, soft, sleeping faces, a mug of hot tea, an unexpected "I love you," sweet and thoughtful blogger comments, the playground sounds from across the street, a walk, the birds singing, a note in the mailbox... Life, quite fortunately, is full of them -- especially when we're lucky enough to have little ones who soak up EVERY moment of their day.
Enjoy all of your joys, my friend...
Beautiful Girls! Great message.
What a beautiful post, Julie. the girls look so cute in your picture. :)
The simple pleasure for me is the sound of giggles from my little boys when they're playing, a call from a friend, my husband and kids saying "I Love you" out of the blue, my sweet blogging friends, a beautiful calm day, being with my family...
Thanks for sharing such a beautiful post.
A beautiful post: I found your blog through Linda at Behind by Red Door.
Would it be all right if I C&P'd this onto my blog?
Jessica
hi! i found you through blacksheep prims.love your blog!! just thought i would let you know that the country on a shoe string book rocks!! :)
its actually a very good how to book, lots of before and after pics. lots of ideas on saving some money when decorating, which is all good!!
lol
Just stopped to say hello:O)
smiles,
Shayne louree
Oh so true ! I taught my girls to watch the colours of nature, listen for the birds, appreciate the taste of a cookie (homemade of course), and generally be grateful for the simple things they have and that bring them joy. But it's always nice to find a reminder ! Have a nice day :-)
aah, I really like this picture (and the others in the Yellowstone series)! Very nice!
Thank you for sharing the simple joys, I was feeling a little flat but now realise it is the simple things in life that make you the happiest. I love the mystery quilt you pictured next to your mantel. What is the pattern name as I would love to try it. Happy Stitching
julie....where are you?!!!everything ok?
Post a Comment