Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One of those days--just got better...

Hello!! It has been "one of those days"....you know, the kind where you just want to start over. Luckily, we can...tomorrow. Oh, the wisdom in only a 24 hour day!! I went to my annual doctor's check-up. I have had thyroid problems for about 5 years now. I just discovered that my dosage is no longer enough, so he upped the amount. I hope I gain some energy soon. On the upside, I used to take a little purple pill, now I get to take a yellow one---I like the color yellow better, anyway-HEEHEEHEE!! I am actually really grateful that there is something I can take to compensate for a failing thyroid. I shall not complain!! Oh, and I must say that I am scheduled for my second mammogram next Tuesday. Was that a sigh of sympathy I heard out there? Yes, I know I should, that's why I do, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. Once again, I shall not complain.


I finally had a chance to visit my blog friends today. Lo and behold, I had two awards waiting for me. How nice is that? Did they know it had been "ONE OF THOSE DAY"?? Thanks so much to Kindra for this award: (I love your blog, too, Kindra).

Here are the rules for this award:
1. The winner can put the logo on her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of those you’ve nominated.


So, I nominate: Seriously, every person on my blog list has the award. What to do? The reason they do, is because they deserve it!! You all just need to know "I LOVE YOUR BLOG", too!!

And a great big smile to Colleen for this award. How very nice. I smile each time I read Colleen's blog, too!!



The Rules for the Smile Award are as follows:

1. The recipient must link back to the awards creator (it's right on the award)

2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.

3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.

4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award (see below.)

5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.

6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.

7. You must thank your giver. (s)
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human).

2. Must love one another.

3. Must make mistakes.

4. Must learn from others.

5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.

6. Must love life.

7. Must love kids.

I nominate:

1. Lea--She inspired me to start blogging . She is so devoted to her family, and has such a cheerful attitude.

2. Katy--She is positive, sweet and excited about life. She is gracious when others give her suggestions and ideas.

3. Kindra--She loves her family, she shares her talents so generously, she has a big heart and a gentle spirit.

4. Cora--She is fighting a great big battle with dignity, humor, inspiration and insight.

5. Kelli--She is full of wonderful idea and shares them so nicely, she has a kind heart and sweet spirit.

You all make me smile. It's not fair to just choose a few, but, I'm just playing by the rules. Thanks to all of you for your inspiration and friendship. Who knew blogging could be so wonderful??!!!

Be Nice to People,

Julie




8 comments:

Katy said...

Thank you so so much Julie!!! You are incredibly thoughtful!!! I am sooooooo thankful for all my blog buddies! You group of girls are some of the sweetest people ever!!!!
Thank you so much and I truly enjoy your blog as well!!!
xoxo
I hope you have a GREAT Wednesday! :)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Congratulations Julie! You do make me smile...love your blog! You deserve it!

I feel for you about the thyroid problem. I had to have my left one removed in 2003 and although I don't take medicine, I still drag sometimes...sometimes not! And I really am sorry that you have a mammogram to look forward to! But like you said, we won't complain...there's always someone having much worse problems, right?

~ Tammy ~

Raggedy Angel said...

Wishing you a better day today!
Beth

Leslie said...

Julie,
You so deserve your awards! You are such a kind and wonderful person :)

I hope the new medications work wonders for you. You need more energy to get your crafts done!!! What would we do if we couldn't craft?

Have a great day!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Thank goodness for medication. I hope the little yellow pill works for you!! And the dreaded mammogram, sounds like a good time. But least it will be done and over with and you won't have to worry about doing it for awhile. I'm due in 5 years, can't wait!

And thank you so much for the Smile award!! You make me smile with your blog and comments everyday. How did I get so lucky meeting such fun, generous, loving, kind gals?! I am truly blessed.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Congrats on the awards!!

Oh those mammograms are no fun huh? But the alternative is so much worse so we must endure - UGH!!

Have a great day!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Here's hoping that today is already LOTS better, Julie!

Take care, my friend :)

Kelli said...

Congratulations on your award and thank you for giving me one as well! It really made my day!
Hugs,
Kelli