skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Now, that was FUN!!
Wow!~It's 10:00 p.m.--better late than never, I guess. I had a full day today--all by choice mind you, but it was crazy. I got up this am and finished putting the downstairs bathroom back together. For the last couple of days I have been painting, changing the decor and the rugs and towels. We have 2 bathrooms in our 1960's built home. We call them affectionately: "The Pepto Bismo Bathroom" and "The Tangerine Bathroom" (get the picture). I was trying to tame the tangerine one by using warm tones--browns and creams. It actually looks a lot better. Maybe I will post--don't know--kind of wierd to show the bathroom=)!! After that I took my cute little six year old to the dollar store. Always a treat. She could choose 2 things--one for her and one for a friend who was coming over later. She choose a puppy sticker book and some pencils. So fun to have choices!! After that we went to WALL E, the new Disney movie--not my favorite, but okay. Apparently not her favorite either because she kept asking "How much LOOOONGER?"---kind of like a LOOOOONG car trip!! We then picked up her friend. They played here at home for awhile, and then we headed to the library for story time. The theme: Bed Bugs--cute songs and stories for all. I then had a few hours of Me time as I went to my quilt group. Karissa went to Grandma and Grandpa's--that was nice of them. We met in one of the lady's back yards and had dinner(pulled pork, salads, desserts--should have taken the camera),show-n-tell (needed the camera once again),give-aways and make-n-take. I won this book:
It looks so good--lots of inspirational stories tied in with quilting blocks and names. I can't wait to read it!! We all could make this cute cupcake pin cushion if we wanted. It was ever so fun!! I think I will make a few more. It is made with wool. Sorry the picture is so fuzzy--it's the wool's fault=)!! Looks good enough to eat!! Good time!!
Sweet Dreams, everyone!!Be NIce to People,Julie
8 comments:
What a day, Julie! I'm glad that you found a bit of time for yourself as well :) Such a treat...
I can't wait to see what you did with your crazy bathrooms!
Have a terrific day, my friend...
Yes, I'd like to see the bathrooms too:) I'm sure you did a great job! My day was a full one too but I at least got some things done around here. Glad you got some "me" time:)
*Rondell*
Got to love the 60's. I'm sure the pink and tangerine are MIGHTY pretty. :) Can't wait to see what kind of work you did! I need to redo a couple bathrooms myself. Maybe I'll get some inspiration to get started.
Thanks for letting us know about Wall-E. Kellon wants to see it, maybe we'll wait till it's out on video.
I love the cupcake. YUM. :)
Sounds like sooooo much fun.
I'd like to see the bathroom pics.
I love a good transformaion.
Blessings
T
I think you should post your bathroom pics! Hey we ALL use them! LOL
Love the pincushion. I need to get me some pincushion patterns!
What a great idea for the shower. I have to remember that if and when my DD ever gets engaged.
Hi, Julie. I found your blog through Kelli's and I just thought I would say hello! You can visit my blog if you want www.chriskit81.blogspot.com Have a great day!
You had a busy day, Julie!
I can't wait to see the updating to your bathrooms....our hall bathroom is the next thing I want to tackle...I need all the inspiration I can get!
So thanks for the heads up on WALL-E. I've wondered...but first on the list is Kit (AG Movie).
Have a great day!
Tammy
Julie, I have some very important information for Cora on how she can get some help with her cancer treatment. I left a comment on her last post but there are so many comments that I don't know if she will see it. If you know how to get in touch with her please have her email me at teri.calhoun@gmail.com or
check out my comments on her post 2 days ago about her family helping her pay for her meds. Thanks. Love your site. Will look at it more closely later. Right now I have to get Cora's attention. Thanks.
Post a Comment