Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bridal Shower

Jessica and I are giving a bridal shower to one on my nieces(her cousin) this Saturday. She is getting married on July 31. She is so happy, and he seems like a really nice young man. I have been doing little things around the house all morning in preparation. I have dusted places that I forgot even existed-LOL!! I hope I can get to cleaning the windows. However, it's supposed to rain the next couple of days, so that might not be such a great idea. So much to do, so little time... Speaking of time, that's the kind of shower we are giving her.It is called an "HOUR SHOWER". We put a clock on each invitation and then drew in hands to assign a different time to each guest. They are supposed to bring something the bride and groom can use at that time of day. I had a shower like this when I got married. It was fun to see the creativity of everyone.
Some of my SIL and other nieces are bringing fruit trays and loaves of homemade specialty breads like poppy seed, banana nut, zucchini, etc. I am making this yummy slush. Here is the recipe if anyone would like to make it. It is SO GOOD!!
Pina Colada Slush
Mix together:
8 c. Water
2 c. sugar
Heat until sugar is dissolved.
To above, add and mix:
2 c. Pineapple juice
1 can frozen Bicardi(non-alcoholic) or Orchard Pina Colada Drink mix
Freeze
1-2 liter bottle Sprite or lemon-lime soda
Scoop out and pour Sprite over slush
VERY REFRESHING!!
I am in the process of making something for my niece to give her at the shower. I hope to post it soon. We are also getting a plain apron for her and having everyone sign it and give advice. I hope it all goes well!! Hope you're Tuesday is terrific.
Be Nice to People,
Julie






9 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

That sounds like fun! My bridal shower was kind of like that, but people were assigned seasons. :) Can't wait to hear how the shower went. How fun! The slush drink sounds real good right now!!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Now THAT sounds like a fun shower, Julie! I hope everyone has a blast. Your drink recipe sounds delicious and just right for a hot summer day....

As for your header question, I didn't know how to center the photo I used -- so Todd played around with the dimensions of it in our photo program. Maybe someone with some programming knowledge can offer some better advice?

Have a great night, my friend!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Very interesting, Julie! Be sure and tell us what some of the gifts are...I've never heard of that type of shower! It sounds fun though!

And July 31st is also our anniversary, so they picked a great day! :)

Your drink recipe sounds wonderful!

I hope you shower goes well...and if you run out of places to dust before the shower...Come on over here...I've gots lots! :)

~ Tammy ~

Becky J. said...

sounds fun. we have a basket full of thank you card envelopes. Everyone fills them out--thier address and such-- and then have a drawing out of it. They get a little prize and of course the thank yous are all ready to go...slick. :) have fun. see ya later

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I have never heard of that type of shower...thanks for the idea although right now I have no use for it but you just never no!!!
Neat Idea!

*Rondell*

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Good morning Julie,

I just wanted to tell you that I've given you an award...stop by and see!

Have a great day, my friend!
Tammy

Kelli said...

What a *fun* idea for a bridal shower! Your drink recipe looks wonderful and very refreshing for the summer!
~Kelli

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I added your blog to my favorites list on my blog-hope you don't mind, I enjoy your site!
blessins'
Shayne Louree

Farmhouse Blessings said...

How clever! Sounds like such fun and you'll have a clean house as well.

Smiles,
Lea