Our Rebecca turned 9 years old on Sunday. She is such a cutie. When she was born, we didn't have a digital camera, so I don't have pictures of her downloaded on the computer. She was a big baby weighing in at 9 lbs. 13 oz. She had to be rushed to NICU because she wasn't getting enough oxygen--because she was so big!! It was scarey for us, but she was just fine after a day or two, and has been such a joy in our family. She is precious!! Just as an FYI--gas was $1.25 a gallon the year she was born!! AMAZING...
Presents for Rebecca--her favorite was getting her ears pierced, a spy kit, and a design game that is used on the tv to design clothes.
I made her dress. She wore it to church on Sunday. She has such a sweet smile. WE LOVE HER more than she will ever know. We're glad Heavenly Father sent her to our home!!
Just for fun, I wanted to show the American flag quilt I made a couple of years ago. It is probably the favorite quilt I have made. I wanted to post it on the 4th of July, but I ran out of day. It was fun to make--I display it every June and July. If you would like to see the method I used for making the quilt go here.
This is where it is in our home. I also made the runner and the stitichery sitting on the runner and the little flag in the basket on the mantel. I am proud of our country and love to be patriotic.
Hope you are all ready for a nice Tuesday. I'm going to my Mom's today to do laundry for her. She is 5 weeks out from her knee surgery, and is still a little sore. Have a great day!!
Be Nice to People,
Hope you are all ready for a nice Tuesday. I'm going to my Mom's today to do laundry for her. She is 5 weeks out from her knee surgery, and is still a little sore. Have a great day!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

14 comments:
Happy belated birthday to Rebecca! She was a big baby!! I was 9lbs 9oz. So I feel the connection. :) I love here dress! And yes, she is very sweet. :)
Julie, your talent just amazes me! The quilt and runner are so prim and perfect!! The other prims on the mantel look great also!
Have a great day...even if it's just laundry. :) Hope your mom is getting along well.
Happy Birthday Rebecca! I love the presents she recieved especially the design for clothew.
The flag is so prim and have never seen one like it, just great! Love your mantel too:)
*Rondell*
How wonderful the quilt is and what a blessing to celebrate the birthday of your adorable girl.
Enjoy
T
Happy belated birthday, Rebecca!
I LOVE her dress. It's really cute. The quilt is amazing...I love Americana stuff so the whole fireplace are is awesome!
Have a great day!
Happy Birthday to Rebecca! Please tell her Joy (also 9) said to tell her hi as well. She was standing beside me here and saw her picture. Her dress is pretty and so is she!
I LOVE your quilt, Julie! That has to be my favorite! Ameriana Prim!
~ Tammy ~
Happy belated birthday to Rebecca! I have no doubt that she's a wonderful, special, and beloved young lady. She's adorable! I can't believe what a big baby she was! Oh, my!
Your gorgeous flag and prims are just amazing, Julie! I just love your style and admire your talents.
I hope your mom is doing well. She's lucky to have your company and help. Enjoy the rest of your day and all of your lovely girls...
Happy birthday to your baby girl!!! I love your American flag quilt it is gorgeous!! I love your Americana display as well!:0) Glad you all had a great holiday weekend! Have a great day!~Wendy
Julie, tell Rebecca Happy belated birthday from Uncle Russell & Aunt Alecia. I didn't realize she was such a big baby. I was too at 9 lbs. 5 oz.
We miss her, and thanks for posting coments on my blog.
Ohhh, Happy Birthday Rebecca!!! Love your flag Julie. We continue to go-go-go too. I can't believe how quickly the summer is flying by. Stay safe...Love ya!
Forgot to add that... Yes...I did take the pic of my header and also made the sampler:)
*
Rondell*
Rebecca is so sweet, Julie. Love the little dress that you made her. She'll be designing her own very soon, won't she?
Your quilt is just amazing! I love it. I just have to go check out that design. Love all your handmade prims. You are one talented gal!
Smiles,
Lea
WOW, not that was a big baby! And I found 7lbs 14oz big when I had my baby...lol Rebecca is such a sweet girl.
I just LOVE your work...you are so talented! Your set up looks wonderful!
Sandy
Aren't your childrens birthday's the best! My boys birthday is like my new year, it's such a meaningful time to me!
Your quilt is beautiful!
Blessins'
Shayne Louree
Aw, happy birthday to your daughter!! she is so sweet!!! i just love the skirt you made her!! She was born the year I graduated high school...that seems so funny to me! LOL
Oh my gosh...i absolutely LOVE that quilt you made! It is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
Post a Comment