Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday

Does Evil Exist?
One day, a professor of a university decided to defy his pupils. He asked, "Did God create everything that exists? A student answered bravely, "Yes, He did." "Everything?" asked the teacher. "Yes, everything." was the answer of the student. "In this case, God also created evil, correct? Because evil exists," said the teacher... to that, the student had no answer and remained in silence. The teacher was delighted at the opportunity to prove one more time that faith was only a myth. Suddenly, another student raised his hand and asked, "May I ask you a question, professor?" "Of course," was the answer. "Does cold exist?" "Of course, answered the professor. Did you never feel cold?" "Actually, sir, cold does not exist. According to studies in Physics, cold is the total and complete absence of heat. An object can only be studied if it has and transmits energy and it is the heat of an object that transmits energy. Without heat, the objects are inert, incapable to react. But cold does not exist. We created the term cold to expalin the lack of heat." "And darkness?" continues the student. "It exists," replied the professor. "Again, you're wrong sir, darkness is the total absence of light. You can study light and brightness, but not darkness. The prism of Nichols shows the variety of different colors in which the light can be decomposed according to the longitude of the waves. Darkness is the term we created to explain the total absence of light." And finally, the student asked, "And evil, sir, does evil exist? God did not create evil. Evil is the absence of God in people's hearts, it is the absence of love, humanity and faith. Love and faith are like heat and light. They exist. Their absence lead to evil." Now it was the professor's turn to remain silent...the name of the student was Albert Einstein.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Be Nice to People,

Julie

10 comments:

Kimmie said...

Oh Julie,
This was remarkable! I loved it...and yes, there is Einstein at the hub of this...thats priceless. :-)
Thank You for sharing!
Hugs,
Kimmie

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I am so glad you came to visit so I could see this post! Well said - well said!!

I too love the 4 seasons - I could never live anywhere that didn't have the profound changes. Each one makes us appreciate the next one. (But I do love fall a little more than the rest!)

hugs, Linda

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Great post Julie! What a great message! I do believe that's true!

Jo-Anne said...

I have read that story before and it's certaily worth another read. It is so true.
I love your blog and am so glad I found it!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Amen to that, Julie. I remember reading that before, and it is so true!

Thanks for sharing!
~ Tammy

Anonymous said...

Very thought provoking...great stuff to read and think about.

Carrie Cooper said...

AMEN!! That is awesome and to come from Einstein makes it even better. Thanks for sharing

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Another thought-provoking post, Julie! Thanks for sharing.

Elise said...

Hi Julie

Thank you for sharing this enlightening post.

How fascinating a conversation can be where the discourse involves questioning and challenging ideas.

Love
Elise

Katy said...

That is just awesome!!! :) I love it!

Although....I think as Einstein got older...he lost his faith?? didn't he? but..i do love that! :)