skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Thoughts for Thursday
Okay, usually on Thursday, I have a thought for Thursday. I have no thoughts today. If I did, I would say SERVE~~~~~it's one of those things that gives warm fuzzies~~~and you know I like those. I spent the day helping my Mom who just got home from the hospital this morning. She had knee replacement surgery on her right knee. She is 74 years old, and is really a go-getter until her knees decided to slow her down some. The girls and I ran errands, cleaned, fixed food, got water and medicine, mopped, organized, moved pictures, etc. Why you may ask would we clean and all that--she just needs help with the knee. Well, because she told me that clean provides a fresh atmosphere for her to get better, so away we went. It was actually a good day, but really there are no thoughts left in my head!! Just Serve-- Now, guess what? I entered a little contest awhile ago from a gal in France~~yes, France. I want desperately to go there someday. Anyway, I received in the mail from her this cute stuffed heart and some postcards!! I have never received anything from France or known anyone from France so that was so awesome. I put the heart on my sewing shelf, and the postcards on my "Warm Fuzzy" wall in my sewing room. I just had to show them--thanks so much Carole. Her blog is written in French and English.
AAANNDDDD.....here's the next part of the give in the give-away. It's a JULY pillow I stitched. I tea-dyed the muslin, so it looks prim. It will look so patriotic for the 4th of July. Make sure you enter the give-away by scrolling down to my 5oth post. The give-away will be on Monday, June 9 at 10:00 am. Enter away...
Be Nice to People,
10 comments:
I hope you mom is recooperating back to good health. Having bad knees is no fun! I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers that she gets better soon.
What fun gifts from France. It would be fun to go there someday. Let's make it a blog friend getaway! Wouldn't that be a hoot?! :)
Wow, another goodie to the giveaway. I love stitcheries. They just add that special touch to a home, I think. It is so great and prim!
I got your email but I'm heading to bed...I'll get back to you on that. We had a flood in our basement today. It has taken us several hours to clean it up. We don't have any portable fans and it's too late to go get one...plus there are storms going on. So first thing in the morning is to go out and get one, I guess. :(
i am loving your giveaway! everything is soooo cute =D please keep adding me to the giveaway!! good job on the stitching also =D
I'm glad to see that everything made it to your home, and that you like them ! In case you all do make it a blogfriends getaway to France, be sure to come visit me !!
Still not much time to update my blog, maybe on Saturday since it's Laure's birthday ; and from next week on I should have more "free time". Woohoo !
What a sweet and thoughtful daughter you are, Julie. I hope your mom is doing well...
And is this your lucky week or what?! Go buy a lottery ticket! What a fun surprise for you to find in your mailbox.
And, of course, I love your July pillow. So prim! The suspense is building!!!
Have a great day :)
I am certainly crossing my fingers about this fun giveaway!!
Your mom is so lucky to have you and your sweet daughters. It must be hard for her to have to slow down and you are surely easing that burden.
Thankyou for your inspirational blog.
So sweet of you and your girls to serve your mom by cleaning and running errands for her.
Those gifts from France are really neat. My daughter is really into ballet and dreams of going to France one day!
Boy, oh boy, the giveaway just keeps getting better! I love that pillow! I think I'm already signed up since I left a comment and if I didn't tell you, I announced it on my blog too!
You have a great weekend, Julie!
Tammy
What a joy it was to read this post!!You are so right!!We all need to have hearts that serve and we will be blessed for that!!I hope your mom will be better soon!
That`s great that you won that stuff from France!!Very nice!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!!It`s been nice "meeting"you too!!
Hi Julie
I hope your mum has a speedy recovery. I love your words about serving and how right you are - what a wonderful thing it is to be able to be there for someone in need.
I love how you are revealing your prizes bit by bit, it just adds to the excitement.
What a wonderful surprise all the way from France. It's always a thrill to receive something special in the mail.
Love
Elise
Sometimes I think we must be sisters long separated ... I have always dreamed of (someday when I'm older and very wise) of going to Paris and staying in a room above a cafe with a little balcony where I can sit quietly and watch the people going to and fro. And of course, meeting friends and having coffee and traveling the countryside. Sigh ... what a nice dream! Now I will think of you and Kindra there too!
Well congratulations on your prize. What a special treat!
Hope your mom is feeling better. I understand her. I can function better in a clean, organized environment too. She is blessed to have you and the girls there to serve her in love.
Smiles,
Lea
Hi, Julie! I'm Linda. Lea announced your give away. I love your work and would be pleased as punch to be included in your drawing. I, too, am having a give away--for my 500th post. I've been blogging for 1 year and really love it. Please come over and put your name in! I plan to come back to visit again. Thank you!
Post a Comment