skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Sick in the Summertime
Well, we just got back from the doctor. Our little 6 year old has been sick since Saturday. She's had a fever, sore throat, and earache. She has also had no appetite. All she will eat is toast, and she told me yesterday that "I was the best toast-maker in the whole world"!! What more could a Mom want, right? The doctor discovered that she has a really severe ear infection. She also discovered the her tonsils are giant-size. She had me peek at them, and I honestly don't know how she swallows. She does snore at night--loudly. Enough that her sister, who shares a bedroom with her, has to wear earplugs so she can sleep. Not pretty!! Anyway, we will be setting up a consul appointment with an Ear-Nose-Throat specialist soon. I would imagine she will need her tonsils and adenoids removed. I guess it's good that it's in the summer so she won't miss any school. I hope we can still squeeze in swimming lessons and a family vacation. Poor little girl. Our third oldest daughter had her tonsils and adenoids out when she was four, and the recovery is pretty painful. Hang on tight, here we go....never a dull moment!Be Nice to people~~Julie
18 comments:
poor little girl! we went through constant ear infections with our son...we finally put tubes in..then had his adenoids removed as well..it did make a big difference! hope she feels better soon! glad i found your blog!
~Angie
p.s. HOLY MOLY...finding that cabinet for $5.00...wow..awesome deal!
No fun being sick in the summer, or anytime. :( Well I hope the antibiotics settle things down a bit. My niece just had her tonsils out last week. She was a little soar at Taran's birthday party...I'll be keeping your daughter in my thoughts and prayers.
Aww - I am so sorry you little sweetie is sick. That is no fun any time of the year. My son had his tonsils out and tubes in his ears when he was 17 !! The Dr said no football till he did that so he obliged. Let me tell you, the bigger they are, the hardere they fall.
I hope your DD has a better than expected recovery! hugs, Linda
Poor baby..I hope she is feeling better sooo soon.
Summertime is NO time to be sick !!
Give her a scoop of ice cream when she feels better and a hug from me...
bj
Poor thing! I'm so sorry she's sick. It's tough being sick when you're an active little girl, especially in the summer!
My daughter says she feels sorry for her! (She's standing here while I type!)
I hope she has a very speedy recovery and an easy time if she has to go through the tonsil removal ordeal!
Blessings,
Tammy
Ohhhh, I'm so sorry. Keep us posted, no pun intended, on the doctor's verdict. We'll keep her in our prayers! Hey, I love your cabinet!!! Great find. It's so windy here that the newly emptied garbage cans are falling over and being swept into the center of the street. I don't know how the kids can stand playing in it but that's where they are. I remember, once a long time ago, I thought wind was fun to be in. Like I could float.
Love ya,
Alecia
oh no!!! I am so sorry to hear that!!! Give her big hugs from all your blog buddies!!! Look forward to hearing a good update on her!!!
Ohhh poor little girl! Once it is all done.. then she will feel so much better.
Awww, poor thing. I am so glad I am past all that with my kids, but I do feel for you and your little one.
Hopefully she will feel better once she is on the other side of her recovery. I say, let her have as many popcicles as she wants! :)
Hi Julie
Your poor daughter. Those ear infections and tonsilitis can get so nasty. As a child I suffered from them and still remember what it was like to have an ear infection, consequently I had my tonsils and adenoids removed. I really feel for her and wish her a speedy recovery. Hopefully, the antibiotics will do it's job and make her feel a lot better very soon. I will keep her in my prayers.
Love
Elise
awwww......poor little angel. Isn't the worst thing when our babies are sick.........
I hope this passes by quickly and that all will be resolved soon and she will be able to redeem some summer.
Blessings
T
Oh, Julie...give her a hug for me. Its so hard to be sick in the summer. My daughter who will turn 24 on July 1st had hers out when she was 16 years old. It was so hard to watch her go through the after surgery. She did good after the first 12 hours. Just give her alot of popsicles and ice cream for a few days. :-)
I had mine out at 5 years old, but I really only remember my siblings making fun because I talked through my nose! LOL! :^)
Give her lots of mommy hugs and it will all work out fine.
Blessings,
Kimmie
Poor sweetie! I hope she feels better soon!
~Kelli
Poor thing...I had my tonsils and adenoids out when I was 8...not pleasant, but better for it in the end.
Hope she feels better soon!
Poor thing! I hope everything turnes out well. It sure isn't fun being sick...
I'm so sorry your little girl isn't feeling well. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for her!
oh, Bless her heart! I just love to cuddle my little one when she's sick, it's about the only time she slows down enough for me to cathc her! : )
I'm so glad the recipe for the Chicken Chipulos worked out for you! I just LOVE that recipe. And it's soooo easy!
Check into my blog later today for a VERY SPECIAL announcement AND an upcomming giveaway!
Oh, bless her heart.
Is she feeling better?
Sweet baby, look at her ...
I just want to give her a hug!
Blessings,
Julie
Post a Comment