skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Show N Tell Friday
Today, for show and tell, I would like to share some things in my sewing/craft room. I will start with my cabinet . I got it at a yard sale last Saturday. For those who didn't read my earlier post, I paid $5.oo for it. SCORE!! I cleaned it and put handles on the doors. Get this--most handles I found cost more than the chest. I couldn't have that. Finally I found some glarey, gold ones--not my style. They were on clearance for 65 cents, so apparently they were not most people's style because they were so cheap, and the bin was full. I painted them black. It worked just fine. I put shelf liner on the shelves. I LOVE IT!! Just as a little FYI, the valance you see hanging in the background is one I made 3 years ago. I traced my girls hands and wrote their names and ages. Kind of a fun momento!!
Here is a picture of fabric, fabric and more fabric. It looks more organized in person, really. This picture makes it look all tipping over--it really isn't. I labeled each shelf with a description of what kind of fabric I put there. I hope to find baskets or boxes that will fit in there to hold the fabric better. Maybe at a yard sale....???!!!
What, is that, I just heard you say or think to yourself?LOL. It is my design wall in my sewing room. It's original use was for a table, as in vinyl table cloth~~~how boring is that? I turned the vinyl to the wall and use the flannel for hanging fabric as I make a quilt or wall-hanging. It really helps in visualizing the quilt in the-making. It only cost $2.99, and it works great. Sometimes I wish it were wider, but obviously the wall isn't wider, so it works!
The fabric stays attached to the flannel real well. This is a Buggy Barn quilt, almost finished, that I need to add borders to, back, quilt and bind. It's on my summer list of things to do.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed a little part of my world. Have a great weekend everyone. Oh, and hopefully all those father's out there have a splendid day...I love my Dad!! Happy Father's Day, Dad!! You are the best. Oh, and Saturday is my parent's 42nd wedding anniversary. That's stellar--they have made it through a lot, and they still plan on being together FOREVER---they are amazing!! XOXOXOXO,Mom and Dad!! Love you both!!Be Nice to People,
Julie
21 comments:
What a great find in that cabinet! I am always in the mood to go garage saling after S&T Fridays! I like how you have your fabric in there, you could always get those inexpensive plastic shoe boxes at WalMart that cost *$1.50 a piece to put in there. They may even be cheaper if you look for them at garage sales! I have to share your idea of the flannel sided table cloth on the wall with my best friend who is a quilter! Great idea for visualizing!
Connie
You know what? All is super, but I'd really like to see the valance you made closer!!! Do you have a link somewhere where I can see it better?! That is ONE super idea. I love it.
Great Show N Tell. Happy weekend.
I am struggling not to be envious!! I hope some day to have my fabrics organized like that in a nice cabinet.
Julie,
Your cabinet looks so good in there! I think you have everything so well organized too!
And I love that valance...yes I'd love to see it a little closer!
I'm now in the mood to go to some yard sales. I hope I can do as well as you have!
Have a great weekend!
Tammy
That was a great find on the cabinet, and it's great for storing the fabric for the quilts you make.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Great use for that cabinet! Looks great. Don't you just love a great find?! You have such good ideas and how nice that you share them with all of us.
Happy Anniversary to your parents. Truly 42 years is something to be grateful for and the blessings of God that comes with that.
Have a wonderfilled weekend
T
What a great project room! Julie, you are so organized!! I love all your fabric in your great deal of a cabinet!! And the girls hands valance is a great idea!
Happy anniversary to your parents!! Have a great weekend!
Hi Julie!
Oh, how thrifty to grab the cheaper handles and paint them black! The cupboard looks perfect and you fabric stash is awesome! I like how it looks just like that, this way you can eye up what you have without digging. I want a cabinet for my tons of fabrics also. Need to get searching.
Happy Anniversary to your parents and a blessed Father's Day to your Dad. :-)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Kimmie
Wow...from a non-quilter, I am impressed. Looks like you are getting everything organized and ready to start another quilt...hmm, in case you have made everyone you know one already, I love blacks, tans, cream....:)
it's a good thing we don't garage sale together....there would have been a fight!! :) love the buggy barn, turned out way cute. i'll share my knowledge on patterns when i see ya.
That was a neat way to use a tablecloth---isn't it funny how many different ways you can use something?
Love your cabinet, Julie! Looks great and perfect for fabric stashing :o)
That's wonderful and I love Buggy Barn patterns. I want a cabinet like that. I'm jealous. Thanks for sharing your treasures.
Loved the tour! And congrats to your parents -I wish them many more happy years.
hugs, Linda
What a lucky find on that cabinet and perfect for fabric storage. And such a low price!
Hi Julie great cabinet,i always feel great when i have picked up a bargain.I love fabric i thought i had a lot until i saw your sewing room.Thank you for visiting my blog.I am still trying to find my way around.I have just posted some pictures outside of my home.When i am brave enough i will post some pictures of my fabric stash.Take Care Kate
What a fabulous cabinet, Julie!
I hope your parents will enjoy celebrating their anniversary. What an inspiration!
Hi Julie
What an organised and inspirational sewing and craft room you have. It loooks like such a fun, creative space.
I love what you have done with your cabinet and how you have organised all of your fabric. It really is a perfect storage place for your material.
The design wall is a great idea as well.
Congratulations to your parents on 42 years of marriage. That is worthy of a big celebration and I wish them many more years of happiness together.
Love
Elise
Love the black cabinet you found and for only 5.00! The flannel tablecloth is a great idea, and your quilts are so fabulous.
blessings Rondell
Hi Julie,
things are quieting down here and I had a little time to catch up on your blog. What amazing things ! Your cabinet is great, it's always fun to read about those great finds that are transformed to fit one's home. And it was a great idea to paint the handles.
Your sewing room is so neat and organised ! I've been slowly working on mine, but now my priority shifted to my desk.
And I must tell you that I really adore the chest from a previous post, it's really beautiful. And the log cabin in the picture... it makes me dream ! Thanks for sharing all those wonderful things !
Oh my gosh, Julie!
Apparently great Julie's -- I mean MINDS -- think alike!!! Ha!
I've got a cabinet that I keep my material in! Except that's where our great minds diverge -- me, being a bonehead, spent significantly more that $5 on mine!
Smacking my head, here!
Many Blessings,
Julie
Post a Comment