Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SCORE!!!

Good Morning!! Well, the day is sun-shiney and beautiful here. I have a full day ahead, but just had to take time to do my blog. I had a very successful yard -sale -Saturday. Here are a couple of my finds. This is the coolest cabinet. It was $5.00. It needs to be wiped down and cleaned some, and I am going to paint the inside of it with a fresh coat of paint so I can put fabric in it. It is exactly what I have been looking for. I will put some pewter handles on it, too. WAHOO!!
The front of the cabinet with the doors closed. Oh, so grand!!
I also found this ladder($1.00)--I know, another ladder, but it holds my little quilt so nicely,and apothacary table--$5.00. It is so cute. I needed something for right there, and this hit the spot!! Notice the pineapple card. That is from my blog friend, Kindra. I am still looking for a frame for it. She sent it to me with my win from her give-away.

And, here is the cute salt box house painting from Kindra's give-away. It is so dang cute!! She has an eye for color and detail. I LOVE IT!! It is hanging in our gathering room.

Here is a picture with it with most of the wall. It fits perfectly, don't you think? Thanks, Kindra--you're a doll!!
You know, I do realize that things are just that~~~~things, and that the most important stuff we can collect in this life are relationships, good deeds, and memories, because that's all we will take with us when we die. However, it sure makes life more plentiful to have things in our houses that make them feel like homes. Okay, there's my little self-examination for the day. Hope everyone is having a terrific Tuesday.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

20 comments:

Katy said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! What an absolutely AWESOME find Julie!!!! I am sooo happy for you (and a tad jealous!) that cupboard is GREAT!!

Robin Beck said...

WOW! I can not believe you got that remarkable cabinet for $5!!!
What a find! I love the wood shelves inside~! I'm still shaking my head~ What a deal! Congrats!
Robin

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

OH my goodness! I just get so envious seeing what other people in other parts of the country find for so little. It sure ain't that way in my neck of the woods. That cabinet is awesome!! And your other two finds are sweet treasures as well. Enjoy enjoy!

I think you said it so well about things being just things. If what we are accumulating is things to make our houses into our homes, then we can't be faulted for that can we? :-)

hugs, Linda

Julie said...

Wow! You ARE good at garage sale-ing! This is my first visit, here.
Miss Lea (from Farmhouse Blessings) directed me over here and I'm so glad she did!

Love your name, BTW!!!! LOL

Many Blessings,
Julie

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Julie,

All I can say is WOW....all of that for $6? I just need one ladder....and you've already found two for great deals! But then I haven't been yard saling yet this year!

And your win from Kindra looks great where you have it!

Tammy

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I so cannot believe you got that cabinet for 5 bucks!!! Great score for sure!!! I never seem to find deals like that! I love your ladder and stand as well. And your picture from Kindra is awesome!! She is so talented for sure!! Great little lesson for today as well, my Pastors wife did a teaching one time and let us ladies know its ok to make our homes inviting and to take some pride in how they look! So thats all I needed to hear!!! Have a great evening!!~Wendy

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I love all your garage sale buys, Julie! That cabinet was a steel. LUCKY!!

I love seeing my painting in your home! I'm so glad you are enjoying it! It makes me so happy seeing it in your home!

Have a great day!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Oh, I'd love to have that cupboard and you are so very lucky to get it for that price. Also lucky winning Kindra's prize looks great on your wall.

Blessings Rondell

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

I wish I could find such treasures, Julie! Make sure to share some photos with us when you're done sprucing it up...

LOVE your decor and your latest Kindra original!

And your observation about things and people is right on. When we can combine the two (special treasures and mementos from friends/family) we are doubly blessed.

Have a terrific evening :)

Jo-Anne said...

You really hit the yard sale jack-pot! Lucky you!!! Yard sales here in AZ cannot compare. I can't wait to see the big cupboard all spiffied up and put soemwhere in your cute house. All the rest of it just looks great!

Anonymous said...

Ooo what a great find, that cabinet! Love the decorating and the prim pieces.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love your cabinet!!! Hope you have a grand time getting it just how you want it!
smiles:O)
Shayne

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi Julie, thanks for visiting, I still want that cupboard!!!LOL

Blessings rondell

Sandy said...

WOW...I just love all your finds :)
I only wish to be that lucky to hit jackpots like that. Sadly where I live people ask much more at their Garage Sales.

I just love Kindra's painting. It's just beautiful...I might have to get one just like that...hehe

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Wow these are some very cute items. You decorate very nice! i love it =D

Elise said...

Hi Julie

I can't get over the bargain prices you paid for your new treasures. Your cabinet is exactly what I need so that I can turn it into a craft cupboard whereby I can store all of our supplies for Savanna's craft. I think the apothacary table is so sweet.

Kindra's painting has found the perfect home and so beautifully compliments all of your other pieces.

I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Love
Elise

Tina said...

Oh! How great! Love all your goodies. You are a gal after my own heart! I live for a good find.
Enjoy!
Tina

Carrie Cooper said...

WHAT?? Five bucks!! What a find.. I would have snagged that up in a heart beat! Great buys

bj said...

Your finds are all just fabulous!!
I am loving that large cabinet...for 5 bucks, too! WOW
bj

Kimmie said...

I want to come live near you so I can hope to find such treasures at those amazing prices! Girl...you hit the JACKPOT...I love that cupboard! I also am looking for something for my fabric stash.
Hugs,
Kimmie