skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I've got a secret...
Whew!!! What a busy weekend. Was it really only 48 hours? It sure seemed jammed-packed with things to get done. My most pressing projects this weekend were for girl's camp. I am the camp director this year for 12-18 year old girls in my church. There are 13 girls who fall into those age groups. They will be going to camp along with 9 leaders. We leave this week. I have been preparing very heavily for the last 2 weeks--with some preparation here and there before. It will be a BLAST!!!! I am even more excited because I get to go with my two older girls and husband!! Grandma gets to be with the younger two girls while we are gone. Last week we drew a name of one of the girls to be our secret sister. We can do nice things for her at camp, also, we are also supposed to bring her something for each day of camp--3 items this year.
I drew the name of one of the other leaders. Her favorite quote is the one in the picture--"Never suppress a generous thought." I stitched it for her and put it in a frame. I also sewed a towel for her country, black and red kitchen. I will give this you her on the last day. I hope she likes them.
Jessica made this pillow for her secret sister. She LOVES horses. She also used some of the left-over fabric and put her initial on a notebook--pretty clever!!
Savanna made a note holder board for her secret sister. Her bedroom is pink, brown and white. I thought she did a great job. She can attach notes or pictures under the clothes pins. It's very cute. She can hang the other hearts next to the note holder or anywhere in her room, I guess.
Our theme for the 3 days is: "HEAVEN----Don't Miss it for the World". I have activites, crafts, hikes, games, firesides, decorations, and devotionals planned and centered around the theme. I am so excited!! I will have to share when we get home. I hope you are all having a marvelous Monday. Be Nice to People,
Julie
9 comments:
Savanna, Jessica and your gifts to your secret sisters are amazing. You can see how much thought and effort you put into each one of them. I know they will be honored to receive them! You guys will have a fabulous time - make lots of memories and can't wait to hear all about it.
Wow, Julie! It sounds like you are all well-prepared for a fabulous experience! I look forward to reading all about it when you come home..
As always, your handmades are spot-on spectacular -- and so full of thought and care. It looks like your girls have inherited your talent and generous spirit too.
Have a wonderful adventure!!!
Julie, you are a gal of many talents! What a wonderful gift, to be a leader and mentor for these young girls. The camp sounds like a Wonderful time! And I can't wait to hear about it when you get home. Can I come? :)
Your secret sister will be thrilled with her gifts! Your daughers did an awesome job on their gifts as well. Like mother, like daughers. :)
Julie,
Those gifts are great! How special they are and the thoughts behind them! I'm sure they'll love them!
Joy & I leave for camp one week from today. I am a counselor. We'll be gone 4 days and 3 nights.
We'll have to share our experiences!
I hope you all have a great time!
~ Tammy
Hope you have a fabulous time at camp! I coached girls all-star cheerleading and just love the kids. It is a lot of fun and I still am in contact with some of them :o)
What sweet gifts for your secret sisters. Have a great time at camp and be sure to share some photo's!
hugs, Linda
Hi Julie
The gifts that you and your two girls have made are amazing. You are all so thoughtful to tailor make your gifts to your secret sisters. These personalised and wonderfully creative gifts will be so appreciated.
I am looking forward to hearing all about your camp when you return. It certainly does sound like it is going to be a wonderful experience.
Love
Elise
Great gifts!! Your secret sisters will love them!! Hope you have a great Blessed time!!! Have a great day!!~Wendy
What great thought out and heart felt gifts.
What a blessing you all must be to all who know you.
T
Wish I was a camper!
Post a Comment