52 Blessings (Sometimes Overlooked)
1. Fresh-picked corn, barely steamed and dripping with butter
2. The smell of the air as you approach the shore
3. Sheets dried in the sun
4. A kiss from your son when his friends are around
5. A girlfriend who listens
6. Strong arms
7. The purring of your cat curled up in your lap
8. Knowing that you have made a difference in someone's life
9. Husbands who cook
10. Feeling the warmth of the sun on your skin
11. Your daily chat with Mom
12. The deep silence of an empty church
13. Giggles
14. Secrets told to you in strict confidence by your teenage daughter
15. Losing even one pound
16. A call from someone just to say, "I LOVE YOU"
17. Someone asking "how are You?" and really caring about the answer
18. Comfortable shoes
19. Sitting in a field picking and eating strawberries
20. New crayons
21. Forgiveness
22. Touching feet with your husband in bed
23. The scent of your baby's skin
24. Someone saying you did a good job
25. The aromas wafting from your mother's kitchen at Thanksgiving
26. The guts to say you're sorry
27. Slipping under fresh sheets after a warm bath
28. Laughing out loud
29. Express checkout lines
30. First light on an empty beach
31. Listening to a child read his first book by himself
32. Favorite old songs on the radio
33. A full moon on a clear night
34. The scent of her husband
35. Sitting outside on a summer evening watching fireflies
36. A letter from your best friend
37. A place to call home
38. The conspiratorial twinkle in your child's eyes when you share a private joke
39. The sound of rain falling on the roof
40. CHOCOLATE
41. A down comforter on a cold winter night
42. GENTLE men
43. A favorite chair
44. Your dog's welcoming bark as you turn your key in the door
45. A child's head resting on your shoulder
46. The quite after a snowfall
47. Wide hips
48. The wisdom of children
49. The deep, fresh smell of a damp earth in a pine forest
50. The morning stillness of your home before anyone else has awakened
51. A still lake at dusk
52. Unconditional love.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

8 comments:
Another great post Julie. It's the simple things that mean the most. Have a great day, my friend!
Julie, I love all your picts! I should have reminded Russ to take the camera. You always have such great ideas. It's in the upper 80's today and will push the upper 90's through the weekend...the poem you shared boosted my happy meter even higher!!! Love Ya!
Great Blessings I especially like the wide hips one!!!lol... Did get my message on how to get the clock?Have a Blessed day my friend!!~Wendy
I can relate to so many of those wonderful little blessings, Julie. Such a sweet post... Hope you're looking forward to a wonderful weekend :)
I certainly have a very blessed life as so many of those things touch my life.
What a beautiful list Julie.
I love visitng your blog as I always leave with a happy heart and smile, that's a blessing in itself.
Love
Elise.
This was one beautiful post Julie. I also can relate to alot of those blessings. You made me smile tonight, I thank you for that.
I Love your blog, it is so warm and comfy here.
Hugs,
Kimmie
Just popped in from another blog.
Love the door you bought and this is a great post too!
Post a Comment