Friday, May 23, 2008

Show N Tell Friday

I am participating in Kelli's show-n-tell Friday. Last week she suggested we share something we have from a trip. I try to buy a magnet for the fridge from places we have been:

There are magnets from Colorado, Disneyland, Niagra Falls, Cabo San Lucas, Grand Teton National Park, San Antonio, San Diego Zoo, Quebec, Four Corners, Maine, New Hampshire, Butchart Gardens, Mt. Rushmore, and a 2002 Winter Olympic magnet from Salt Lake--close to home. I always have room for a magnet in the suitcase, they're fairly inexpensive and useful. I started about 10 years ago, so anywhere I have been prior doesn't show a magnet. It's a fun item to look for while travelling!! Have a wonderful weekend, all. Happy Memorial Day!! God Bless AMERICA!!

Be Nice to People,

Julie

14 comments:

Muum said...

Good idea for a souvenir. I live in the NOrth Ogden area! fun to see a neighbor in blogland.

Mary said...

I enjoyed seeing the magnets from different places you have traveled and yes, they are inexpensive and a nice reminder of where we've traveled. Thanks so much for sharing.

Blessings,
Mary

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

What a sweet little collection. We do something similar whenever we travel -- except we buy Christmas ornaments. It's fun to remember all of those fun times while decorating the tree from year to year.

Thanks for sharing and have a terrific weekend!

Susie said...

Refrigerator magnets are wonderful little reminders of happy vacations. I have a few, but don't always remember to buy them. You have a great collection.
Enjoy your weekend!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

We have a few vacation magnets. The funny thing is that other people see that we have these magnets and get us some when they go on vacation. We have New York and London ones...never been there. :) They must think we collect them. :)

I don't see a Nebraska one. :)

Have a great weekend, my friend!

Sondra said...

Magnets are so much fun. I love your collection.

Susan said...

Good idea.
Susan

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Very cool idea!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!~Wendy

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

A very good idea for a souvenir! I have lots of magnets, but not really from places I've visited!

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

Elise said...

Magnets are practical and like you said, will always find a home in your suitcase. I like that they are on your fridge, a place where you can see them throughout the day to remind you of your holidays.

Love
Elise

Coal Miners Daughter said...

Hi Thanks for visiting my blog
You have a lovely blog I will visit again .Thanks Dotty

Carrie said...

Wonderful collection. I also collect a souvenir item when I travel -- souvenir spoons. I hope to do a post on them soon.

Kelli said...

Great show and tell! Your magnets are a wonderful way to remember all the special places you visited!
~Kelli

Kimmie said...

Hi Julie!
I like to buy maganets also. I love how nice and neat your refridgerator looks. Mine has stuff all over the freezer part...being held up with...magnets! LOL! I have lots of pictures everyone sends me of my family, doctor appointments, etc. I agree...there is always room for a magnet in a suitcase.

Thanks for sharing your "Show And Tell" with us! :-)

Hugs,
Kimmie