Do you ever use a slow cooker? I love mine. Here is what is for dinner tonight. It is beef stew. I'll send along the recipe--so simple, so good. It was a stew day because it is only 40-something degrees today. Not so fun for spring---but alas, typical.
QUICK STEW
2 pounds stewing meat, cubed
15 baby carrots, halved
1/2 cup dried minced onion
3-5 large potatoes, cubed
1 can tomato soup
1 soup can water
1 t. salt
2 Tbls. vinegar
pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a greased slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 5-6 hours high heat or 10-12 hours on low heat. Enjoy!!! Great comfort food.
Be Nice to People,
Julie
QUICK STEW
2 pounds stewing meat, cubed
15 baby carrots, halved
1/2 cup dried minced onion
3-5 large potatoes, cubed
1 can tomato soup
1 soup can water
1 t. salt
2 Tbls. vinegar
pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a greased slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 5-6 hours high heat or 10-12 hours on low heat. Enjoy!!! Great comfort food.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

3 comments:
This is almost like our family favorite crock meal! We use diced tomatoes instead. It is so yummy!
hi Julie,
Just wanted to thank you for your kind words that you left on my blog.
Take care,
Jane
Oh, I Love My Crock Pot! Your reciepe sounds yummy! I may have to give it a whirl. I see you have met Lea of Farmhouseblessings. Isn't she the sweetest woman in the whole wide world?! I love to look at all of her posts, I don't get there everyday, but I do go and catch up. Her dishes always look picture perfect. I have many a reciepe from her blog and also Cora of Hidden Riches In Secret Places. She is another special friend that can cook up a storm!
Thanks for sharing Julie! And thanks for stopping by my blog.
P.S. By haperchance did the stain come out of the carpet? I hope so!
Smiles,
Kimmie
Post a Comment