YAY!! I finished this dress for my 6 six year old. The first dress I have ever made, and I have 4 girls. What has gotten into me?! It is just 4 fat quarters of fabric cut into 4.5 inch strips serged together, gathered at the top and sewn to a store bought t-shirt. I appliqued the flowers to it and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! I still need to hem it, but I was so excited I had to take a photo and put it on my blog. My eight year old wants one, too. Another dress for me to make? I think I can!!! I must say that I went to my neighbor's to use her serger since I don't have one--nice of her to share. I feel like I got something done today--nice feeling. Now back to laundry and dinner....
Be nice to people,
Julie

5 comments:
it looks fantastic!!! You did a wonderful job!!!! :)
Wow ~ your FIRST dress! It is simply gorgeous. I can hardly wait to see what you come up with next!
Blessings,
Lea
cute dress, love your fabric choices!!
katie
I love how you have the nice simple sayings on your walls. I must do that above my archway inbetween my living room and dining room. Something like that would look so warm and inviting above it. Your first dress...how pretty. You did a beautiful job Julie. Keep up the good work. Your daughter will be the prettiest girl in town. :-)
Blessings,
Kimmie
You really did an excellent job with your dress. I bet your six year old is adorable in it!
Jennifer
Post a Comment