Friday, April 4, 2008

MY FIRST BLOG EVER!!!




Wheew! I did it. I created my blog account today. My daughter helped me, with great patience. I have to say this is like keeping a journal, maybe I'll be better at this one than the one I try to write in daily. I went to two quilting store open -houses today and scored on some sale fabrics. I have a quilt top to finish for my bed, but got some fabric for pillow shams. I also bought some jar lids to make pin cushions--always something exciting to do and be.

Each day as my girls head out the door for school I say to them--"Be Nice to People", have a good day, and I love you. I think I will end each blog with that little statement--Be Nice to People. It's little, but think how BIG it could be if everyone was nice....

Be nice to people,
Julie

6 comments:

Becky J. said...

what the heck?! open houses...whose? isn't this fun!!! yikes huh?! i wish you luck. hey i heard that after a little bit you can go back and print off the pages and then put them into your journal. so in a round about way it is a great way to do a little something. hey- on the 17th of April Leann and I are heading on up to Kaysville to do some shoping at the Barn Knick-Knack show(don't know real name) want to come. after 12 for a few hours!!! let me know ok. that is a little long for a comment. maybe i need to use email too. see ya!! oh....yay for you!!!

Katy said...

Welcome to blogland Julie!! I can't wait to see your sanctuary!!! If you need any help with your blog..email me at thecountryblossom AT hotmail DOT com! I will be glad to help!
I look forward to getting to know you!!! :)

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I just love your fabric choices. I can hardly wait to see what you come up with.

How nice that you say that to your daughters! I always tell my boys to love the Lord with all their heart. I may add ... and be nice to people as well. It is a message that they'll never forget their whole lives through!

Blessings,
Lea

Kimmie said...

Julie...I also believe in that simple saying..."Nice Matters". It is good to instill such positive values in your children. You are a wonderful mom...it shines through your words.
Blessings,
Kimmie

j said...

~~~~*****WELCOME*****~~~~~

This is your Welcome to Blogland banner. The menu for the party is CAKE (of course) Red Punch, cream cheese mints shaped like little computers, and party peanuts. All of Blogland is invited, but the elite have attended and commented!!

:^D

I hope that your experience with blogging is fabulous. You will meet fun and interesting people and it is so wonderful to find your 'voice'.

Be blessed.

Jennifer

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Looks like we started blogging around the same time! I was crazy to start when I did because it was just before our son's two part wedding (all on my blog) but then again, it was great to chronicle some of it too.

I wanted to tell you about a great blog by a great quilter named Karen. (I don't know her personally) The link is under my favorite blogs - My Yellow Farmhouse. I suspect your house and mine would both fit inside her house. If you are pressed for time, just scroll down through her photo's to see her house and quilts. Go back to her older posts for many more pictures!! EYE candy!! LOL

hugs, Linda