Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Darling-o-a...my husband

Well, Katy at thecountryblossom suggested that we write how we try to honor our husband. I'm not so sure how I honor him, but I know lots of ways he honors me, however, it is hard to put into words. I'll just name a couple--


He takes the time to be spiritual. In January, we took a cruise. My husband would get up extra early to read his scriptures while the sun came up. The picture for my blog is one of his photos from that. He knows the importance of relying on a higher source for himself and his family.



Oh dear, to look at this picture again gives me a stomach ache. This particular picture was taken on the Saturday before we left for the cruise we took in January. I had a zillion things to do that day--one being a haircut for my husband...usually a very routine thing. I, however, this time, forgot to put the blade guard on the clippers and did a swipe right up his head. I stared in horror, put the clippers down, and ran to our bedroom sobbing!!! I don't believe I have ever felt that distraught in my life. What to do? We leave on a cruise in less than 24 hours. It was not pretty. I cannot express to you the gratitude and love I have for my husband. Not ONE demeaning, angry, sarcastic, humiliating word escaped his lips that day or to this day. He displayed love, tenderness, compassion, forgiveness and humor through the whole ordeal. I mean really, how would YOU like to go on a week long cruise with a "Haircut" like that?!! My remedy was to just trim the rest of his hair. During the week, I would do a comb-over =) and plaster his head with hairspray. The system worked great unless it was windy. Also, the comb-over left some to be desired the day my husband and brother went snorkeling. He would just laugh though, and we would redo his "DO" when necessary. Ball caps came in handy, too!!! I could "say" a lot about him, but "actions" always speak louder than words. He is a man of action, and I love him with all my heart. He is mine for eternity--how grateful I am.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

7 comments:

Katy said...

Julie...your husband sounds like a doll!!! I love all the reasons you love him and that you honored him by posting this! :o) Thank you so much for participating with us!!! xoxo

Katy said...

OH...and i just read your comment...hehe...you are TOOOOO sweet!!! ;o) Thank you for your kind words! I am not sure why you are having trouble adding my link? If you go to your customize page and then click add page element...then go to link list....you can add all your fave links etc :) Does that help? :)

Anonymous said...

I've just found your blog through another (name escapes me at the moment...I just clickty clicked my way over :o)
Your DH sounds very forgiving regarding his hair. I did something similar to my DH just before a family wedding. I grabbed the wrong attachment and gave hime the shortest hair cut ever. We still laugh at the pictures.

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

He sounds so wonderful!!! God Bless you both and your family!!~Wendy

Kimmie said...

"When a man shall leave his Mother, and a woman leave her home...they shall travel on to where the two shall be as one. As it was in the beginning, is now until the end...a woman takes her life from man and gives it back again, and there is love...there is love.
The Wedding Song

Your love of your husband, and he of thee, shines light a bright light. God has blessed you both abundantly.
Hugs,
Kimmie

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Your husband is a gem!

Blessings,
Lea

Anonymous said...

I am sorry.....I am sitting here laughing my head off. My husband will not let me near his hair....he has a number 2....how could it go wrong?????...ummmm I see now why he is scared of me and clippers. You have to love your husband for not getting cranky. xxxRobby